Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bring back the Christian Genre on Browse

Bring back the Christian Genre on Browse

Hey the Christian playlist has been removed from the Browse area for me. I'm in the Australia region, and I really miss being able to find the playlists. I've noticed that there are new additions to the browse area like 'Pride' 'Summer' '2017 Wrapped' and 'Happy Holidays' and I hope that Christian wasn't just removed to make way for these lists. Please bring it back thanks!

10 Replies

Hi Ivy,

I tried over a 2 to 3 day period to get a straight answer out of them and I basically got brushed off, with no direct answer at all, just excuses...

These were some of the replies I recieved...

We understand. Rest assured, your comments have been passed onto the right folks. In the meantime, if there's anything else we can help you with, just shout!

AND

We don't have any info to share right now, but we'll let the right team know that you'd like to see it in the Genres and Moods page in the future.

OH AND ONE MORE

Hey Mark! Sorry for the delay. We can confirm these genres have not been removed. You should be able to find them by searching spotify:genre:inspirational in the search bar. We hope this helps. If there's anything else we can do, just give us a shout.

I think your reasons why are spot on...just more politcal correctness...for equailty and not offending anyone...except Christians of course...go figure.

G'day to you

This is the best solution i have come across.

Click this link below and then the green "View on Spotify" button.

https://open.spotify.com/view/inspirational-page

Hopefully we get the genre back, but dont hold your breath . . . keep singing!

Thank you for some answers! At least we can still access it through the spotify:genre:inspirational thingo 🙂 Lets hope they fix it up

How annoying! I guess it kind of makes sense though - it was a bit of an odd fit among the other categories. It does seem to be a casualty of political correctness though, which is a pity given the niche but substantial following.

I wrote and suggested they put the Inspirational genre button on the main page since it already falls under that.

I also discovered you can access it from your Home page as a genre still with all the main playlists, if you have previously accessed them.

I’m working with others in the community to get the Christian genre back and I’m staying in touch with support to make sure it happens, as it was removed without any reason given.

Just search for the ‘Christian Genre bring it back to the genre page’ post and vote there. At present we’re just 11 short of the 100 votes needed. Thanks!

9 votes to go

Spread the news 🙂

I've been the same and got the exact same messages! It's pretty disappointing, and I can't believe they would take away a pretty normal and popular genre to make a political statement 

What is the link for the idea for Christian genre in Austrailia? I would love to help vote up the idea. In the U.S. the genre is still there.

I think I get it, they are saying something like this:

Of course, all other new genres are ok, except Christian genre. That particular genre offends people.

As always we don't want to offend or discriminate or treat anyone unfairly. Unless you are Christian: and then we simply we don't care. Nothing personal, it is just money and lawsuits. 

"They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me."  Jn 15:21

Suggested posts