Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

COLLAB PLAYLIST GONE?!?

COLLAB PLAYLIST GONE?!?

Hi! My boyfriend and I have had a collaborative since May. I tried listening to it today, but all the songs disappeared out of nowhere. It's still on my phone, but it shows zero songs even though there were 64 and it was 5 hours and 9 minutes long. I then went to my laptop to check if the songs were there and they were but only for about 30 seconds before they disappeared right in front of me. I made the playlist and only shared the link with him, so I'm under the impression that no one else could've done it. I asked him to check if anything was showing up for him and he has the same problem with both his phone and computer. So far, all I've tried doing is deleting and reinstalling the app and deleting and recovering the playlist to no avail.  Music means a lot to both of us and we would like to keep the original date of the playlist so PLEASE HELP!!! 

1 Reply

Hello @nostalgiastings

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your songs are gone!

Since you're sure only you and your boyfriend had a link to that playlist and you didn't share it with anyone else, it's possible that one of you made that playlist public, which means it was displayed on your Spotify profile. That way other people were able to access it and delete the songs. 

The reason you saw the songs on desktop was most likely a delay with syncing. They were displayed for a second and disappeared when you opened the playlist and it updated. 

To recover the songs you can check if the playlists available to recover here. However, that shouldn't be the case, since you're able to see the playlist, it's just empty. 

In case the playlist wasn't there, I recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. You can do that via chat and emailTwitter or message them on Facebook. They'll try to help you recover the songs, but it's not guaranteed that it will work. 

You might also be interested in adding your +VOTE to this Idea

More information about how the Idea Exchange works can be found here.

I hope you'll find this helpful!

Suggested posts