Can I download music to my MP3 player?

Solved!

Re: Can I download music to my MP3 player?

HemzCuz
Regular

Ok, thanks!

bambi1126

how do i do it

Peter__
Community Legend
@bambi1126 - Spotify don't support mp3 players I'm afraid. If you want to get content for your non-smart device (that can't run the Spotify app) then you need to find an alternative source I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Barney289
Casual Listener

good bye soptify!!!

I got this free permium for 2 years... with my smart phone... my phone is now destroyed, they wont repair it (unless i pay £200) AND THEY WONT EVEN REPLACE IT (i have been about 6 months without my playlist)

Just remembered my log in details... i can confirm that what one of the posters said about that *Listen anywhere play on ANY...T.H.I.N.G...* Is/was ture... this should extend to mp3 players/sony walkmans otherwise this informantion is false advertising and also illegal!!!!

looks like its back to *illegal* donwloads for me!!!

I really want my play list on my mp3 and this is how i understand it... if it is MY account (premium) and MY playlist/songs then i can upload them WHEREVER/HOWEVER i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because these songs are in the *PUBLIC DOMAIN*!!!!!

goodbye falls advertising... good bye liars... good bye

sharon1960s
thank you

blossom01

I have paid £9.99 for Premium and was able to buy single songs and download them to by MP3 player,  suddenly I see that I cannot buy tracks and download anymore I feel like i have been ripped off,  am i doing something wrong or am I correct in thinking that this is not possible anymore now they have got my money

cammcken
Regular

As pointed out, Spotify is a streaming service. Which means, it uses the internet. Obviously devices that can't access the internet won't be able to acquire the songs Spotify hosts. Was that hard to intuit?

kyricus
Casual Listener

I am glad I researched this before my free premium subscription ended. If I can't download the song to other play sources, the premium service is pretty much useless to me.  I don't want to clutter up my phone with downloaded music when I can store music on removable SD cards.

Still enjoy spotify, but think I'll just keep the free streaming and get offline music elsewhere that's more convienent to the end user.

cammcken
Regular
You can put the Spotfiy app on your SD card. That's what I do.

The musicians who sign with Spotfiy are paid based on a perentage of how many times their songs are listened to. If you download the songs and listen to them with a different player, how can Spotify count how many times you listened to it? And if they don't know, how can they pay the musicians? The listens have to be contained in the Spotify app.

If you want your own copy, why don't you just buy the mp3 from amazon the normal way? It's probably cheaper in the long run.

kyricus
Casual Listener

I'd thought about putting it on my SD card, not a bad idea actually. I'll probably just go back to the free version and as you say, purchase the music directly elsewhere. I only made a comment because I felt he wording of "offline listening" in the spotify app is a bit misleading. Or I just really musunderstood it :).  Offline to me  meant, off of spotify, not just, not connected to the net.

Anyway, I do like spotify, but I have enough subscription services as it is.

SUGGESTED POSTS