Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Certain songs have disappeared and are no longer available. What happened?

Solved!

Certain songs have disappeared and are no longer available. What happened?

Certain songs are gone.  Case in point, "A Little Bit of Bad" by NRBQ and "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" by The Walker Brothers.

Any clue??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Content can be removed from Spotify is they lose access to it due to changes in license policies

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hey @AndrewDallas, welcome to the Community!

Sometimes content gets temporarily removed because of licensing changes. Hopefully we'll have the tracks will be available again soon.

If you need anything else, let us know.

Marked as solution

Content can be removed from Spotify is they lose access to it due to changes in license policies

^UNRESOLVED UPDATE* Scott Walker of the original Walker Brothers just passed away. Their biggest hit “The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore” has been missing from Spotify’s library for over 7 years now. After researching songwriting and copyrighting distribution rights I can find no reason hindering it beyond Spotify’s refusal. It’s readily available on other music streaming sites, and Spotify still carries the original album and single, but without the title song. Why? MODERATOR please reply. Thank you. 

Nope! Spotify still blocking “The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore” from playing on US user accounts. Not cool. 

I would like "Ven Aqui" by Audemar Rico back on Spotify

I really wish that they would release the heart is a monster by failure. They have all their other stuff on there I don't understand why this album is not on there which is a very good album.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We don’t have all the world’s music on Spotify even though we wish to, and what we do have varies over time and between countries. It all depends on permissions from rights holders.

We add new content every day, so if you can’t find something, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Push It Fergasonic was a song that I used quite frequently in my choreography.  Any chance of a comeback?

Hey there @amycpaul,

We can't say for sure if the song would come back, as we don't have access to that kind of information. 

In most cases popular songs/ albums do get reuploaded to the app. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i need valkyrie back in spotify im gonna go insane.

Missing Oliver Tanks Charlene 😥

Missing "Buster" by $atori Zoom

hey Jeremy i just wanted to ask why cant i play the song Drowning by pasxf i used to be able to and now i cant 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The availability of songs on Spotify is mostly governed by the rights holders of the songs. Due to different reasons songs may sometimes become unavailable. We don't know the exact reasons for the mentioned songs as this is beyond the scope of our capabilities. If you want to see a certain song back on Spotify, we encourage you to contact the distributing label and ask for more info.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Add Yu[86] back ill go insane if u dont

Yummy by HUSH and Ellie Joseph

Use to be on a lot of playlists and it's gone!

Forgot what she said by ilyasviel was deleted as well. Any chance of a comeback?

i would appreciate it if the spotify team added back the soundtracks of God of War 1 & 2 back on spotify

Suggested posts