Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Classical hub in Spotify

Classical hub in Spotify

Hello.

I have a question, which maybe don't belong here. Why from classical hub were removed categories? Also, why some playlists were removed too?

Let me get one explanation: I would like to discover new classical music (I think to new composed classical music), but I can't access category with neo classical music. Maybe It is happened just in Slovakia, I am not sure.

4 Replies

Hi there @Noguri,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We don’t have all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, and what we do have varies over time and between countries. It all depends on permissions from rights holders. We add new content every day, so if you can’t find something, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Sometimes certain user-created playlists get removed by the creator themselves, and if it's a Spotify-created playlist, the content often changes.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I know those things, but why for example Not quite classical was removed from Classical music hub?

Maybe this thing is happened just in Slovakia, also in Czech republic too.

Alex,

I think Spotify used to have a very good Classical hub. In the recent update, you can't see the section for composers nor the section for instruments. This feature for the classical hub was so useful. Now the majority of classical playlists like "this is..." can not be found easily. As a designer of UI/UX I believe Spotify is not paying attention to mental models of its users. If you care to read the Spotify Reddit you could simply see how frustrated the users are with some updates. Hope you dont follow the path of horrible platforms like Youtube. 

Peace, 

Hey folks,

We appreciate you feedback and understand your concerns.

We've passed this on to the development team. We can't say for sure if things will go back to the way they were, but the right folks at Spotify are doing their best to make the app more usable for everyone.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts