Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Code of conduct

Code of conduct

Hi,

I would like to know how you are working with Russian artists. Many companies are stopping cooperation with Russian companies and other organizations and I´m interested to know what is your policy on this question as Russian music suddenly appeared in playlists against my satisfaction,
Are you paying royalties to Russian artists? 

2 Replies

Hello, welcome to our community! Spotify pays artists based on the number of plays their songs get and has licensing agreements with music companies around the world, including Russian companies. These agreements ensure that artists receive their share of royalties generated by their music on Spotify.

Regarding the inclusion of Russian music in your playlists, Spotify's algorithm is designed to suggest music based on your musical preferences and listening history, regardless of political issues. It's important to remember that Russian artists and the Russian people are not to blame for the decisions of their government and should not be penalized for it.

If you prefer not to listen to Russian music, you can use the "Dislike" option to remove these songs from your future recommendations. Spotify takes user privacy and data security very seriously and does not share information about your musical preferences without your consent.

Music is a universal language that unites us, regardless of our cultural or political differences. So listen to what you like and help artists get the credit they deserve!

Best regards and have a great Sunday!

Do Russian right holders pay taxes on this money, and does the Russian government then use these taxes for war?

Suggested posts