Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Create a spotify for artist as a producer

Solved!

Create a spotify for artist as a producer

Hello,

I am a producer and there are multiple songs on spotify that have my co-production in them. Now, i would like to claim my account as a artist account but i dont have my own songs online. Is it still possible to create an artist account this way?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @1124664412,

Just to add some more useful info here, you can also reach out to the label or distributor of the songs you co-produced and that are currently available on Spotify to make sure your production credits get added. Such credits can be added by simply updating the songs metadata.

If you're also looking for ways to create an Artist profile and have the songs you co-produced featuring in it, but you don't have a label/management team taking care of this for you, you can take a look at our Provider Directory and choose the distribution service you'd like to have your Artist profile and music associated with on Spotify. 

To know more about what type of songs metadata Spotify deals with and how such processes work, check this Spotify for Artists answer.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if we can help with anything else 🙂  

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I don't think this is possible, but it would be a great idea. It would be very hard because people would be claiming credit that had nothing to do with the track. So the artist would have to first add their track to their DSP then once its uploaded be able to invite your Spotify user account so it will show in your discography. Could work!

Hey @1124664412!

This currently isn't possible, however regarding what @Elianoob has also said, you can submit this as an idea to the Ideas forum page.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂 

Marked as solution

Hi @1124664412,

Just to add some more useful info here, you can also reach out to the label or distributor of the songs you co-produced and that are currently available on Spotify to make sure your production credits get added. Such credits can be added by simply updating the songs metadata.

If you're also looking for ways to create an Artist profile and have the songs you co-produced featuring in it, but you don't have a label/management team taking care of this for you, you can take a look at our Provider Directory and choose the distribution service you'd like to have your Artist profile and music associated with on Spotify. 

To know more about what type of songs metadata Spotify deals with and how such processes work, check this Spotify for Artists answer.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if we can help with anything else 🙂  

Mario Moderator

Hi, I have been listed in the credits of a rapper's album as a producer. I am wondering if anything has changed on this front in terms of our ability (as producers) to gain access to an 'artist profile' of our own for our contributions to our client's projects. Looking forward to your response.

Hey @TheOperator,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

You can follow the suggestions @Mario shared above, as this process hasn't changed. You can also find more info here.

If you have further questions about this, the best way to go would be to write to our Artists Support team. You can reach them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi everyone 
i also had this same question - i'm a producer of multiple albums but there's no way to even get credit, let alone actual income. Can I list my company name somewhere? 

In addition, what would you suggest is the best way to sign up to Spotify? A premium account - I'm using a personal premium but could maybe have a better option? 

Thanks! 

Hi there @Milap,

Thanks for the post. 

I'd suggest checking out the Spotify for Artists page, where you'll find more relevant info to all your questions, like how to upload and monetize your content on Spotify.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts