Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Debut Single Release - Best Time/Day to Release on Spotify?

Solved!

Debut Single Release - Best Time/Day to Release on Spotify?

Hello All

Im going to release my Debut Single on Spotify and originally I wanted to release it on May 1st (for the sake of simplicity only). But I know when you add a new song to Spotify it actually puts the song in certain playlist to test it out and see how it does and if it does good to push it up more etc etc.

So with that in mind...what is the best time and day should i release the song?

From Distrokid (options)

[Day] [Time] in the listener's time zone. (default) 

[Day] [Time] in New York, and simultaneously all other countries at the same time, regardless of time zone.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! I use Distrokid as well and the best thing you can do, talking from a media and advertising uni student point of view, is setting your release with 2 weeks of anticipation so you will have more opportunity of having your song into a playlist. That gives you also time to prepare some promo on your social media and get your followers hyped for the release. As for the time I suggest the listener time zone so if for instance you decide to release a song for example at 7pm (when most people finish working) then your followers for all over the world will get your music in the strategic time you decide (which depends mostly on the genre of music you do: if you for example do high bpm music that would suits for the gym, then choose the release time as for the time when people usually go to the gym).

I hope this helps you.

Have a good day

river

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi! I use Distrokid as well and the best thing you can do, talking from a media and advertising uni student point of view, is setting your release with 2 weeks of anticipation so you will have more opportunity of having your song into a playlist. That gives you also time to prepare some promo on your social media and get your followers hyped for the release. As for the time I suggest the listener time zone so if for instance you decide to release a song for example at 7pm (when most people finish working) then your followers for all over the world will get your music in the strategic time you decide (which depends mostly on the genre of music you do: if you for example do high bpm music that would suits for the gym, then choose the release time as for the time when people usually go to the gym).

I hope this helps you.

Have a good day

river

Suggested posts