Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Did Spotify kill Viral Hits?

Solved!

Did Spotify kill Viral Hits?

I absolutely LOVED viral hits. Listened to it religiously every week and found it a good way to learn about music I'd never heard of before, in all sorts of genres.

It hasn't been updated since 12/19/2016 😞 Any ideas for other playlists/sources to get this musical education?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Viral hits is back!!!

(phew...)  

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I'm so glad someone else noticed this. What the **bleep** Spotify! You say right in the playlist description that it's "updated weekly"! It's been three weeks! I find all my new songs on that playlist!

So frustrating.

@tripofalifetime

Hello:

You might give this Spotify curated playlist a couple of more weeks. I follow the Top Tracks in Metal playlist, and it last updated on December 28th, 2016, which the playlist seems to hit with an update about every three to four weeks sometimes a little sooner sometimes a week or more later. With December the end of the year the Viral Hits playlist, that last update was probable for content that was going viral at the time and would carry the playlist until the end of the year of 2016. With January the curator teams probable are giving things the whole month of January to see where the viral hits are at for the new year, and also for large followings of other curated playlists.

New music releases are always a little sluggish towards the end of the year, and beginning of the new year. Users might have noticed their Discovery page with the New Releases For You section seems to be loaded with content they normally would not listen too, well new music releases slows down in December just before the holidays and then new releases by labels and artists begin picking up stem throughout the new year as it progresses. I would give the playlist at least a couple more weeks to see if an update happens with it. Don't freak out yet. 🙂

@tripofalifetime

Hello:

I know this is not ideal but depending on your listening region location, I got to looking around at the various Viral Hits curated playlists, and I found that Viral Hits Canada playlist updated 6 days ago. If you are interested here it is:

You should be able to augment anything missing from the playlist with a direct keyword search in the Spotify apps, as some missing content might be available to you anyway just on a different release made available just for your listening region.

Might be the Viral Hits playlists are a little behind due to the holidays, and things just starting to ramp up again.

Such a **bleep**, I am sure they will follow up on that. The last update was definitely one to look out for. 

I am also missing my weekly dose...  In January last year it was updated.  Looks like it is no longer maintained. 

@AviTu

Hello:

Looks like Viral Hits Canada is still being maintained right now, updated 3 days ago:

I know it is not exactly ideal, but there it is.

Marked as solution

Viral hits is back!!!

(phew...)  

Suggested posts