Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Disappeared music

Disappeared music

Hello

Anyone else that is into the metal and stoner rock genre that sees music disappering in this genre. Since friday 09/02/18, albums by Blues Pills, Lamb of God, Thy Art Is Murder, The Vintage Caravan, ... have vanished from Spotify. As far as I see it, it is mostly music from Nuclear Blast that is gone. Anyone knows something about this, or is it just me?

Thanks in advance!

22 Replies

Holy War from Thy Art is Murder is gone, might be because of the subject?

A lot of Nightwish's album after the Once album have vanished aswell, inckuding their latest album Endless Forms Most beautful. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Looks like a lot of Nuclear Blast and Napalm Records stuff?

albums; Hellfire Club, Rocket Ride, and Space Police, by Edguy are pretty much gone from availabiliity for me.

Along with Sonata Arctica's; Pariah's Child, Unia, Reckoning Night, Ecliptica Revisited.

I was really in the mood to just sick on Sabaton, but Heroe's is gone too.

Is there something going on with Nuclear Blast / Napalm Records?

I'm a quite grumpy Iced Earth's "The Glorious Burden"  (TGB) and "Framing Armageddon" (FA) suddenly disappeared a while back. Ive seen some errors in the band's song titles on Spotify before. Some are now fixed but errors like "live version"  still appear on some studio songs. So my first thought concerning the disappearance of TGB and FA is that theres some kinda errors yet again. The label is SPV but they have a few more albums with that same label and they are still up so... 

Glad that I am not alone. Indeed Thy Art Is Murder and Nightwish are missing here as well, so does Crobot's first album aswell as other albums. But online I find nothing that relates to this issue. Verry strange...

Indeed, suddenly Nightwish albums are not available. Why......? Can someone explain? 

I join you regarding this problem.
I notice a lot of missing music ...

screenshot_spotify.png

So... How do we get an actual response from the Spotify staff? I literally just joined this board just to get some answers cause it seemed like spotify wanted me to go in this particular direction for some reason (probably cause they don't want an overflooded inbox lol) but anyways I have no clue how things work here... Does anyone know how to proceed with this issue?

I also joined this community because I couldn't figure out how to email them directly. So if anybody knows how they can be reached, let me know!

I would suggest contacting them on their twitter account as they seem to be active and there's a higher likelihood of them actually seeing or receiving your message. Hope it all goes well!

Also some of Slayer,  The kovenant,  fear Factory and messugah. Really annoying. 

Hope it's back soon.. . 

You can upload your own collection into Spotify, it solves the issue partialy based on the content of your record collection. It's a short term sollution but it is something.

Of course, no answer from the spotify staff ...

Nope, it's really some bull**bleep** that you can't contact them directly...

Found a way to send Spotify a message, keep you updated.

Found a way to send Spotify a message, keep you updated.

I frequent a music forum, and people stated they had success writing the labels to have music added/reinstated. I have had a bit of success myself writing the labels, If it's a specific label, try reaching out to their respective emails: *snip* or Napalm here - http://label.napalmrecords.com/kontakt/mail?Department=Napalm%20Records%20America

Every album that Tim "Ripper" Owens sang on for Iced Earth is missing 

Hello there,

It seems that there is a licensing problem with some artits of the label Nuclear Blast. This problem is not affecting all the countries covered by Spotify. USA seems to be one of the countries affected.

Licensing process is not the same from a country to another. So for some artists, their catalog can be available in some countries.

I am in France and artist released by Nuclear Blast are available. Here is some examples :

spotify:album:0uP5w2pX92xEZmvyhegk1t:small

spotify:album:629YXLcyiFGirB4cm8Oucu:small

spotify:album:4a3KHaSp23izhb5nDwogiq:small

When this licensing issue will be fixed, Nuclear Blast catalog will be back everywhere.

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

Sorry for the unconvenience.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts