Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Discover Weekly missing

Discover Weekly missing

Hi there,

Just wondering whether anyone can help me -- I've been a user of Spotify for a long time and loved listening to the Discover Weekly playlist. However, I recently deleted my account and signed up again with a new account (on 26/02/2016).

I realise there is a 2 week wait before Spotify "knows" my listening habits and generates the Discover Weekly playlist, however, its now been almost 3 weeks and its still not showing up.

Is there anything I can do to get this playlist to appear?

Thanks,

James

6 Replies

@jamessimmuk

Hello:

What devices and Spotify app versions are you currently running?

Can you please double check the information from this Spotify guide here: https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/discover-weekly/?in=search? Also be sure to look in the places with the Spotify apps that the article suggests in finding the Discover Weekly playlist. What I can do is next Monday escalate this thread if the Discover Weekly playlist has not appeared then for you. Just post back next Monday if the Discover Weekly playlist does not show up in the places with the Spotify apps like it is supposed to OK? The Discover Weekly Playlist will normally show up Monday your time zone, this will be a new playlist added under PLAYLISTS, normally the very top one as it will be new content coming into your app added to a playlist.

Hi JayLB,

I'm running the latest versions on Mac and Windows, and the latest beta on Android. I've seen where the playlist usually appears in my previous account, but no joy in my new one.

I'll keep an eye out next week, and post again if it still doesn't show up.

Thanks,
James

Hello, same for me. Used Spotify since ages for free, now signed up with a new account (about 4 weeks ago) and no Discover Weekly Playlist. This is so important for me, that i even now went for premium account hoping the list would show up. no luck. can you help ? Thanks!

I have the same problem. No new tracks on Descover Weekly playlist. I'm premium user.

@cooyah

Hello:

Have you had any breaks for very long from that new Spotify account of playing music? The Discovery Weekly will stop updating if there is any lapse of use of the service. Give it at least one more week and see if the Discover Weekly shows up next Monday. When the Discover Weekly playlist does show, there should be two places to notice the playlist right off the bat, with the Spotify desktop app look in BROWSE --->DISCOVER the playlist should be there just under Top Recommendations For You, and there should also be a new playlist showing under the left navigation bar just under PLAYLISTS. Make sure when the Discover Weekly playlist does show to follow it, and also to save any favorite songs to a personally created playlist, as the playlist overwrites every Monday with a new selection of selected songs based on your listening habits.

@kalofonia

Hello:

How long have you had your Spotify account, has there been any breaks from streaming music from the Spotify service? Any breaks from the Spotify service and it take several weeks of playing music again to start getting selected tracks again for Discovery Weekly.

Suggested posts