Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dividing Artist's Genre

Dividing Artist's Genre

I really don't know how this could be done, other than enabling community tagging, but here is my example:

Randy Newman is a prolific artist with many albums which are wonderful. He is also a prolific soundtrack composer having done the soundtrack for dozens of movies, especially very popular Disney movies. His non-soundtrack albums are completely different from his soundtracks, and have very different audiences. 

When I want to listen to Randy Newman I DO NOT WANT TO listen to the soundtrack to Toy Story, I want to listen to his albums. When my kids wants to listen to Randy Newman, they don't want to listen to Randy Newman, they want to listen to a movie soundtrack. 

How could it be possible for me to search for Randy Newman and click play and hear his albums and not his soundtracks? I know I can make a playlist, but then if I go to my Echo and ask Alexa, "Play music by Randy Newman from Spotify," I'll get all the soundtracks again. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

2 Replies

I feel making a playlist, or a folder of playlists where each of them is an album, would be easiest method to working around this issue. That is, if you can tell Alexa to play the playlist or folder.

Gotta love prolific artists releasing lots of music with wild variety. :')

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No way I know to get Alexa to play a playlist.

Suggested posts