Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Dublicate songs or albums

Dublicate songs or albums

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

iPhone SE, Samsung, Asus

Operating System

(iOS 14.8.1 , Android 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone. I don't know if it's an issue or something I'm missing but, I have this thing, like forever. And I'm sorry for my English.

I'm a tidy person so I organize everything. On spotify, I like the album I loved, and I like the songs I loved in that album. 

But sometimes in a playlist there is a song I'm sure I added to 'my songs' (which means I liked) or even, let's says there is an album one of my favorites and I liked all of its songs, and l experience the same thing and when I display the album by clicking on that song seems like I didn't liked at all, also album looks like I never added. But when I go to 'my songs' and search for that song(s) or 'my albums', everything looks fine. Morever, if I liked those songs (seems like I didn't add) and search for one of them on 'my songs', it shows two songs with same titles, same album, same release date, and again If I search for that song or album on Spotify, the result is one song or album.

BTW I'm one hundred percent sure it's not an alternative (like explicit etc) cuz' I check.

So why is this happening or what am I missing?

111.jpg
33.jpg
222.jpg
9 Replies

Hey @ikothespoti,

Thank you for reaching out on the Community!

We understand you have the feeling you have duplicated content in Your Library when it comes to your Liked songs and albums. Could we ask you for screenshots of the situation, or even a short screen recording, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Also if you think certain songs/albums are duplicated, then please send us the Song links for the specific songs/albums to examine them as well.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I already upload screenshots but just in case I reupload.

It's not specific. I couldn't test it cuz' as I said before I search for it on spotify, the result is one album/song. I just come across somehow in another playlist couple of times that looks like I'd never added before, that's how I realize. and it's not for a certain artist either.

33.jpg
111.jpg
222.jpg

Hi there @ikothespoti,

Thanks for your reply.

This can happen when the artist reuploads the content to Spotify. When this happens, the content is reuploaded with a different URI, that's why it doesn't appear as Liked in Your Library and playlists, considering that the content you have saved is the one with the old URIs.

In these particular cases, we suggest removing the songs/albums you have in Your Library and Liking the 'new' versions so you don't see them as duplicates.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I understand. Your suggestion is what I do. I thought maybe spotify would solve this issue (n I think should). Thank you so much now I know the reason at least.

Hi @ikothespoti,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

no big deal, at least for now. just I have to rearrange my playlist if it happens again. Thank you for your reply 🙂

Have a good day.

Hey again @ikothespoti,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Have a great start of your week 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

There is major issues with duplicated albums, again. Both in the desktop app and in the online browser. I just ask for you guys to fix this

Actually I never see spotify fixs anthing at all. Major issues, yes but to things like this I guess they won't even bother. 

Suggested posts