Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Getting onto editorial playlists

Solved!

Getting onto editorial playlists

Hi all,

I recently released my debut song on Spotify and was wondering if debut songs by artists without labels, can get onto editorial playlists? Such as “Fresh Folk”, “Lost in the woods” etc?  I understand that I can submit future releases for consideration, but will debut releases ever get on them? 

https://open.spotify.com/track/1LH127vFTHAkqrlN62Z7ng?si=u3OOBqm5QouAFQHyQMtzKA

Thanks for your help

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Glad i could be an assitant to you !

Here for further help if and when you need it.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there,

First of all congrats on your release !

I don't think you'll have a problem with debut.

What i'd suggest doing is finding out some independent curators (there are several great ones) and using their submission gates to try and catch their attention as they have loads of followers and listeners and can provide a vital push the same as or more than others.

additionally, a good way of gaining publicity and getting your tracks on major playlists is looking for some curators websites online as a first step to get you tracks known around town.

Hope this shed some light, let me know if i can help with guiding you to find the independent curators.

GOOD LUCK !

Hi,

Many thanks for the response!  I have contacted a number of curators through social media but, so far, only one has come back.  If you do have any advice on finding some independent curators, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, thanks for checking out the song!

Hey there !

Thanks for getting back with me.

There are many curators i love myself that are highly active through Spotify.

I'd give you some of them here and i suggest listening to the type of playlists they like to curate before sending and submissions as they will pay more attention to tracks that suit their taste just like the rest of us.

- Spingrey

- Soundplate

- Indiemono

- Daily Playlists

these are a few and they're all linked to their user profiles on Spotify for you the easily find them.

Take the time viewing and listening to their taste and try your luck with them!

Let me know if there's anything else i can do to help,

GOOD LUCK !

Thanks for the quick response!

I’ll check them out, do as you recommend and get in touch and fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help.

👍

Marked as solution

Glad i could be an assitant to you !

Here for further help if and when you need it.

join Submithub to bridge the gap between curators blogs and labels to artists.

Hi! I submitted a song for editorial playlist is there a possibilities that my song will not be added to any of the playlist?

Hi there, 

I am currently doing a research study on the Music Industry. I wish to understand what's the role of a Music Label, Music distributors, Music Publishers, independent curators, and how do distributors publish songs on streaming platforms. It would be a great help if anyone can help me understand things here.

Thanks!

Suggested posts