Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Google home plays Russian song version

Google home plays Russian song version

My toddler loves Baby Shark, but every time we ask Google to play it on Spotify, it plays the Russian version instead of the English version. They are both by Pinkfong, so asking for the artist doesn’t help. I can't find a way to permanently block the Russian version from playing - how can I get the English version!? We have a Spotify premium family plan - please help!

Track it plays: https://open.spotify.com/track/5z4d989dan0IDP9hw2tkeX?si=c373845a9d03430b

Track we want: https://open.spotify.com/track/5ygDXis42ncn6kYG14lEVG?si=3a2ea34416fa4634

3 Replies

Hi @cbgroves,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community.

First, we suggest you block the Russian version of the song. You can do this by going to the mobile app, open the album where it's located and tap on the 3 dots next the the title, select the option Hide this Song.

If it doesn't make a difference, you can try different voice commands such as "Play Baby Shark from the album Pinkfong Animal Songs".

Another option is to add the song to a playlist and test voice commands to play the song directly from the playlist.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've also had this problem. Hiding the song doesn't work. Putting it on a playlist is an inconvenient and convoluted workaround that isn't acceptable. Fixing it isn't our job, please just actually provide helpful information.

Hi @Alex_86,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Please keep in mind that in this instance Spotify works only as the player. The app receives, follows the instructions and plays what the Assistant has commanded it to do. However, we don't have any influence on how voice assistants interpret and pass on commands to our API.

We'll let the right team know about this and we continuously work with google on improving the Spotify integration. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts