Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Hacked Account

Solved!

Hacked Account

I've had premium Spotify since May and have had no problems with it until this last month with: random songs suddenly playing, my icon popping up telling me its playing and connected to this WebChrome,  playlists showing up in my recently played section, and added playlists or artists.

So obviously, I figured I was hacked.

Went and did everything, signed out all devices, deleted app on all devices, new password, re-uploaded app only to my phone to watch and see if it worked. It only took 4 days and I'm seeing random playlists again and with my icon popping up throughout the day telling me it's playing when it shouldn't be.     

I'm really at a loss here. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @RBloomie,

thanks for posting about this !

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your account.

As i first step, even if you have already tried your own steps, please make sure to follow all security steps provided on this help page and this one as well.

After taking all the steps written above, i'd wait for a few more days to notice for any change before passing on to the next step.

The ideal solution in a case like this would be creating a new account and transferring your data safely using this official Spotify Answer.

However, if you would like to have support take a closer look at your account and may be suggested otherwise, feel free to reach out to them using this "About Us" page.

Note: reply to any automated mail you get.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @RBloomie,

thanks for posting about this !

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your account.

As i first step, even if you have already tried your own steps, please make sure to follow all security steps provided on this help page and this one as well.

After taking all the steps written above, i'd wait for a few more days to notice for any change before passing on to the next step.

The ideal solution in a case like this would be creating a new account and transferring your data safely using this official Spotify Answer.

However, if you would like to have support take a closer look at your account and may be suggested otherwise, feel free to reach out to them using this "About Us" page.

Note: reply to any automated mail you get.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂 

Hey there @RBloomie,

Thanks for posting here about this! 

In addition to the thorough and helpful advice @OneByBoo gave here, we'd like to add something. If you decide to create a new account and move all of your playlists and songs to that one, you should make sure to cancel your subscription on the previous account. This will help avoid being charged double. 

Just so you know, it won't be possible to create a new account with the same email address you used for the old one. This is so because the email address is still in use. 

To also avoid confusion when logging in your new account, you can close the old one. Feel free to do it after the music has been transferred successfully.

We hope this helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you for helping me! Sorry for getting back so late but it took some time to try and figure out how my account was getting hacked (i.e if it was thru Spotify or my email). Still not entirely sure what happened but I've repeated those steps mentioned in the solution and all has been well. Spotify had me make another password today (which reminded me to answer this) but so far still no issues! Glad I didn't have to make a new account and transfer everything but that will be my next step if this happens again.

Suggested posts