Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Hide political content?

Hide political content?

Is there a way to hide political content? I subscribe to Spotify for music, not politics. The content that they push (on the Home Screen) is usually left-wing, but I would feel the same way it it was right-wing. It’s not right either way. I don’t appreciate being bombarded with political content when I just want to listen to music. 

F8D66191-5BD6-4D47-965F-8D0047CB25CA.png
3 Replies

This is also what I've been looking for. I've given no indication in my user behavior that this is part of my interests, but the mobile app decides to take menu space to push this in my recommendations.

I don't pay Spotify to get me into their politics.

Hey there @jlcomm07 and @NYTEHAWK_ZERO

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

It's currently not possible to hide certain content recommended by the app. However, we can recommend having a look at this Live Idea suggesting an option allowing users to customize their Home screen.  

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

I really wished we stopped destroying our natural environment.

And by pushing "Our planet" playlists on the home screen Spotify will keep antagonising those who still don't think it's real and making those who don't want to make real changes feel better in their illusionary fight for the good. **bleep** you, you stupid **bleep**ing idiots

Suggested posts