Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Horrible, racist, sexist music

Horrible, racist, sexist music

I asked for cello radio. I received some racist, sexist, hate music by some rap 'artist' named Cello. There is no option to eliminate this genre and your algorithms that customize to my music tastes aren't worth their salt as I NEVER play this worthless waste of effort. Please add the ability to take the rap genre out of my play options.

2 Replies

Hi @Jheric00!

I understand where you're coming from, I do not like it when I'm presented with some music that doesn't match with my taste, especially when I've asked for something that is completely different. 
Seems like an unfortunate coincidence that this artist you mentioned has the name 'Cello'. I would suggest to just keep playing the music you mainly enjoy manually i.e. search for the specific types of songs you enjoy or the playlists in which they would be present. This may take some time, so you may want to avoid playing any genre that you dislike if at all possible. The algorithm should eventually recognise your taste and provide you with suggestions that would be more to your liking.

Best wishes,

A

Hey @Jheric00 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

I understand where you are coming from, and if you want, you can turn off explicit content so that similar vulgar music does not play. Rest assured, Spotify’s internal review process on ‘offensive content’ constantly seeks to remove illegal/offensive content. Spotify has some info about this here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts