How come some of most popular podcast are not on spotify?

How come some of most popular podcast are not on spotify?

rjk571-
Casual Listener
I would lovery to use spotify for all my podcast needs like I do for my music need, but there are to many podcast that I listen to that are not on spotify. These podcast are some of the most popular out there. The joe rogan experience, the giant bomblast, and the rooster teeth podcast just to name a few.
14 Replies

Re: How come some of most popular podcast are not on spotify?

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@rjk571-

Hopefully more podcasts get added. I guess it depends on licensing deals with them.

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

SteinUmSmith
Casual Listener

I remember joe rogan flat out saying he doesnt like what spotify does as far as paying the artists it utilizes and wont be on spotify. So I'm guessing podcasters have to manually concent and as this isnt a popular feature yet, they may be unaware that spotify is even an option for podcasts. Who knows others may be boycotting as well.

mummybot
Casual Listener

Just to name my favourite three:

• Planet Money (NPR)
  • This American Life (NPR)
  • Freakonomics Radio

Big hitters in the podcast world, none available through Spotify. Maybe NPR forbids Spotify but I wonder why Stephen Dubner doesn't allow syndication through Spotify? Unless adverts violate Spotify's terms and conditions...

Zakarakus
Yea, unfortunately, this makes me want to move to Apple Music. I dislike almost all Apple stuff apart from the phone and would rather stay with Spotify but it appears I have no choice.

SteinUmSmith
Casual Listener
Don't forget you have podcast app options on Google phones off you hate
Apple. Podcast Addict is my jam for that.

rjk571-
Casual Listener
I dropped Spotify and went to Google play. Same price all the podcast and
music plus commercial free youtube.

hammond13
Casual Listener

Yeah, I listen to TAL and Freakonomics. The podcast feeds are freely available, and they make their money through ads and donations, so it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't want to be in Spotify. TAL is no longer an NPR podcast anymore, by the way.

alleles
Casual Listener

ty.. so basically if you get your podcasts from spotify exclusively you'll be missing out on the most valuable podcast data that exists.. recently my default switched over from google play to spotify.. and i couldn't understand why NONE of my podcasts were available.. now i get it.. 

petesaari123

That is quite a bummer that Joe Rogan is not on Spotify, since it is on "most popular" category on most of the podcast listings out there. Lack of these essential podcasts is annoying and really inconvenient since one have to use a different application on listening podcasts.

Does anyone know wheter Spotify keep an official listing/poll on "most suggested" podcasts or is there any way for commoner such as I, to affect witch podcasters they are making deals with.

SUGGESTED POSTS