Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestions.

How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestions.

How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestions. Sometimes I downvote songs appearing my radio feed, but I am worried that I might be downvoting an artist that only has this one rap song that I don't like, but has a bunch of music without rap that I do like that might get suppressed as well. Really it's just the rap genre tag that I want to downvote. Thanks.
7 Replies

Hi @ciotti42!

As far as I know, Spotify is yet to have a feature where you can disable certain genres of music. For the time being, I'd suggest to keep steering clear of playing any rap on Spotify and only listen to your favourite genres. Hopefully the Spotify algorithm responsible for playlist radio and discover playlists should adjust accordingly to your taste soon enough. 
If you need any more assistance, let us know!

Best wishes,

A

Hip-Hop/Rap is a huge genre and it will be hard to block. Many Pop and R&B artist now rap. 

I think the question is: how do I disable rap from being made at all anymore? lol

you could dislike the signs that come on and spotify will eventually stop playing them for you.

Awesome.  Disable pop too!

Agreed. Most popular music these days sucks.

clear your cache in app permisions clears out all your history on the app you might have to resighn into the app..make sure you dont share your password too avoid this from happening again !

Suggested posts