Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do you get in touch with playlist owners as an artist?

Solved!

How do you get in touch with playlist owners as an artist?

When you have your music on Spotify, how do you get in contact with relevant playlist owners to present your music if it seems to fit their playlist?

Link to our album if you are interested:

Bound by Law – Break the Day

Thanks for your help

70 Replies

Sure hit me up at gfunkytheanimal.com

Definitely sounds interesting. Send me the details & Hopefully I can assist
you in getting an A. Contact me at *snip*.

-Jahshua

https://open.spotify.com/album/4dKmvyCAKBcSYvSYUeZzgu?si=B57AYN9dRTuLbFKiLz-FEA

314Entainment3 Presents "2018"  Fresh New Single  'Coastin' From Young K Featuring E-40 Sick Wit it Records Artist Big Omeezy & Thugish Records D'Anaro

Coastin Appears on Young K 4th Studio Album Internet Muzik Due April 20th 2018

It would really help alot if you took a look on our new EP PHUNK, it is a Groove A Rythm A Beat, that will make you move your feet! 

https://open.spotify.com/album/09rHPPxIMWDtbYIds4szD1?si=cGbhzCbmQciPRJ6wMYEjyw

hey guys! I have two singles out on spotify,  I make sad lofi indie music, give it a listen if you want! Corduroy Kisses

super helpful bro ill be trying that now ! 

yeah brother i also just tried via the spoyify desk top etc & no luck ...i do appreciate your info though also 

i have a hit ft PnB Rock im trying to break on some bigger playlist ...see link below

https://open.spotify.com/album/0nvhOVCNbMXUYgOn4eviDZ

Love Shotgun! Tim Skolds And Harry Cody were the BEST!!

You should really listen to a new Christmas song that was released on spotify yesterday!! "Counting down the days" by Cece Valor. It's a smash!

Olá pessoal! Meu nome é Hedmilton, sou curador do site brasileiro Movimento Country. Faço a curadoria de 13 playlists no Spotify, sendo uma dedicada apenas para artistas internacionais "Daily Music - Brazil". Vocês podem mandar o link da música para a audição através do e-mail: *snip*

Marked as solution

With Spotify for Artists, you can submit one song from any scheduled release for our team to discover and consider for editorial playlists. We’ll also include it on your followers’ Release Radar playlists.

Tip: If this is your first release and you don’t yet have access to Spotify for Artists, check out “How do I claim my artist profile before my first release?”.

1. Log in to Spotify for Artists on desktop.
  2. Use any one these three ways to find and submit unreleased music:
    • At the top of the Home tab, select SUBMIT A SONG next to the release you want to submit.
    • In the Profile tab, hover over the release you want to submit and click the three dots (...). Select Submit a song.
    • In the Catalog tab, under UPCOMING, select SUBMIT A SONG next to the release you want to submit.Note: The option to submit a song only displays if you have unreleased music.
  3. Choose a song and fill out as much info about the song as possible. The more info we get, the better chance it has!

Some things to keep in mind:

The earlier you submit your music, the better. We recommend at least 7 days before its release date. (This is also required to have your submission included on Release Radar). You can work with your distributor to make sure it’s delivered to us ahead of this time.

• Submitting a song doesn’t guarantee a place on an editorial playlist, but does give it the best chance.
  • It’s only possible to submit one song per artist profile at a time (even if you have more than one scheduled release).
  • You need to be listed as the main artist on the release to submit. The option is not available for featured artists or compilations.
  • Our editors reserve the right to creative control for their selections. This means they may choose to feature a different song from the release on their playlist.
  • It’s not possible to remove yourself from a playlist if your track is chosen for it. There’s no set amount of time it will stay on the playlist - it depends how well it resonates with listeners.
  • Anyone else with access to your profile on Spotify for Artists (e.g. managers), or the release on Spotify Analytics (e.g. label reps), can see and edit the submission. Any changes are displayed for all members.
  • It’s totally free to use, and it’s not possible to pay to increase your chances, nor can any external parties influence our editors.

Thanks for that info.  I've yet to get on any playlists but one day G Funky The Animal WILL reign supreme.

how do u post your music up like that

I use sound drop. Its freakish. They take a 15% cut. But 15% of nothing
is... and 15 % of alot is...

Meredith... I followed this thread from a post by the soundofus. Question...is there a way to submit already released music to Spotify curators?

Hello @LordoftheSith 

As an artist, for submitting new music to Spotify curators, you need to use this link at Spotify for Artists.

Good luck 🙂

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That link says it is for unreleased music.

@LordoftheSith 

That's the only way to get directly in touch with Spotify curators.

But you still can try submit Music to independent curators. Most of them have a website. You can find a list on Reddit.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts