How do you get in touch with playlist owners as an artist?

Solved!

How do you get in touch with playlist owners as an artist?

NecroSonic
Regular

When you have your music on Spotify, how do you get in contact with relevant playlist owners to present your music if it seems to fit their playlist?

Link to our album if you are interested:

Bound by Law – Break the Day

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 22 people liked this

Re: How do you get in touch with playlist owners as an artist?

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@1119056366 @robbgilligan

Here is how I, personally, proceed.

As long time independant new music digger and playlists curator, I have my own website and people who wants contact me, most of time, use this way.

To be honest, I receive daily many requests to listen new music. As I have made this choice, the only streaming service I use is Spotiy. So, I pay more attention to people already having music available on Spotify. However, as I want keep my independance, it's not because I am requested that a song will be added in one of my playlists. It has to fit my taste. I always keep the last word and I am not "to buy" :) but as I dig, daily and deeply the new releases on Spotify, if you have a good recording, I will find it.

I know other independant playlisters who can be reached also through a website. Usually it's mentioned in the description of their playlists.

There is also some playlisters who post in the community. Then can be PMed in the community.

In the case of "official" playlists makers as Spotify, Topsify, Digster, Filtr etc... they have their own curators and their own way to curate their playlists.

SoundofusRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
50 Replies
4 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend
You can send someone a message in Spotify desktop player. Go to the playlist then click on the creators name at the top, then click follow on their profile.

Once you have done that, go to your album (or whatever you want to send) and right click > share and send them a message. ;)

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

NecroSonic
Regular

Thanks a bunch!

5 people liked this

robbgilligan

This doesn't work.
I've followed these instructions exactly several times, and the only people it lets me send a message/share to is my facebook friends. For anyone else that I follow their playlist, but I'm not their friend on facebook, Spotify does not allow me to message them. Is this even possible anymore?? This is practically the only way for indie artists to try and market themselves within the Spotify community, yet the function is unavailable. If there is another or new way to do this PLEASE let us know! 

Also, is there any way to submit songs to be considered for playlists created by Spotify? It seems impossible unless you have some major record label that in direct contact with Spotify employees....

Thanks!

-Robb

Same problem here...

Solution! 22 people liked this

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@1119056366 @robbgilligan

Here is how I, personally, proceed.

As long time independant new music digger and playlists curator, I have my own website and people who wants contact me, most of time, use this way.

To be honest, I receive daily many requests to listen new music. As I have made this choice, the only streaming service I use is Spotiy. So, I pay more attention to people already having music available on Spotify. However, as I want keep my independance, it's not because I am requested that a song will be added in one of my playlists. It has to fit my taste. I always keep the last word and I am not "to buy" :) but as I dig, daily and deeply the new releases on Spotify, if you have a good recording, I will find it.

I know other independant playlisters who can be reached also through a website. Usually it's mentioned in the description of their playlists.

There is also some playlisters who post in the community. Then can be PMed in the community.

In the case of "official" playlists makers as Spotify, Topsify, Digster, Filtr etc... they have their own curators and their own way to curate their playlists.

SoundofusRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

towers1879
Since I'm a premium spotify user I am hoping that you would be able to offer the band Shotgun Messiah, they are awesome I think and believe I should have access to them

futurehaus
Casual Listener

had the same problem.. i think the solution posted above is probably for older versions of the desktop spotify app

WHOISJODY

While reading your message; concerning getting in contact with playlist owners, I directly take the oppertunity sharing my latest creation; 

Closer To You: spotify:album:7s3hfg4hI3JLuDTmZgBRXw 

Closer To You: https://open.spotify.com/album/7s3hfg4hI3JLuDTmZgBRXw 

perhaps it's something which would fitt in your lists :) 

Greetz, 

//JODY

binkfruit123
Casual Listener
Hey dude! Checked out this album and it's pretty cool! I also have a question. How do you get "Fresh Finds" Spotify curators to notice you? If you are interested, here is a link to my band's album: https://open.spotify.com/album/0gd0QftG2R3eUepZ0sMiFW
SUGGESTED POSTS