Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How long does it take for Spotify to fix song/artist metadata?

Solved!

How long does it take for Spotify to fix song/artist metadata?

Hello everyone!

I sent a "I want to report a broken song or wrong song information" form almost a month ago.

Got a reply email that said "the problem has been passed to the Content team for a review".

Does anyone have experience about this and how long this process usually takes?

I am about to release new music, but i want to get all the metadata on the old songs fixed before that, so my artist profile looks neat and professional.

Best regards,

Topias

Rowine

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Topiasr

If i were you i would contact the content distributor you used instead of Spotify directly and ask them to change the metadata, usually this process is faster when done that way instead. 

As Spotify has stated before "Please reach out to your distributor or aggregator for assistance and they'll work with our team to make sure your data is fixed."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Topiasr

If i were you i would contact the content distributor you used instead of Spotify directly and ask them to change the metadata, usually this process is faster when done that way instead. 

As Spotify has stated before "Please reach out to your distributor or aggregator for assistance and they'll work with our team to make sure your data is fixed."

Hi, we did a number of corrections to the metadata on a released album 3 weeks ago directly via The Orchard's web solution. They were all accepted by the solution. How long should it normally take before they are in effect?

As you replied, it appears that spotify does not have the ability to correct the metadata of the songs, nor does it correct them. The only way is to contact the distributors, but not all of them publish their contact information. if spotify recommends contacting the distributors, they should post the contact information for all of them. I have contacted distributors for several songs and was mostly ignored. songs that I reported to spotify 3 years ago for metadata glitches were not fixed even 3 years later and were ignored by the distributors. When I reported it again to the distributor, which recently changed its parent company, they promised to fix it and did a few weeks later. However, the other problems have not been fixed.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Some-issues-regarding-the-treatment-of-...

For more than three years, the song title has not been corrected even after reporting multiple times using the support report form.
x自動車ショ|歌
○自動車ショー歌
https://spotify.link/YQP3v8Q1aEb

I know there's a support form and I've already reported it, so there's no need for me to tell you about it. I'm asking why something as simple as correcting a song title takes so long.

https://www.spotify.com/jp/about-us/contact/

Suggested posts