Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

How many songs are there in total on Spotify?

Solved!
Highlighted

How many songs are there in total on Spotify?

Casual Listener

I know it doesn't fit this forum, but there was nowhere else to ask and I could not find it anywhere online.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: How many songs are there in total on Spotify?

Roadie

Your personal library has no limit that I know of, @wrafi. That 3333 number applies to the maximum number of downloaded songs on one device - to listen to when you're not connected.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

11 Replies
Highlighted

Roadie

Hi, @sydneyschelvis! Did some digging for you, and the unofficial number I got was that it would be over 40 million songs. Maximum allowed in a single playlist is 9999, and maximum allowed to be saved on one device is 3333.

I hope this is helpful, and I hope you have a wonderful sunday filled with the music you love.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

does that mean that you can only save 3333 songs in your library?

Highlighted

Regular

yeah i think it would be cool to know the real number

Highlighted
Solution!

Roadie

Your personal library has no limit that I know of, @wrafi. That 3333 number applies to the maximum number of downloaded songs on one device - to listen to when you're not connected.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi @Audiozobe, thank you for your answer. I am still curious however where you came up with the number 40 million?

Highlighted

Roadie

Hi, @sydneyschelvis. It's not an official number. I asked around fellow Rock Stars and moderators and this is the number that came up. I didn't get an absolute number, though, and I'm still trying to find a final number - I'd love to know to the song.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I don't believe you'll ever get an apsolute number, as Spotify is constently adding thousands of new songs each week. In my opinion, it's just better to get a yearly average, which is 40 million (which is the agreed estimate).

Highlighted

Also interesting: with an average length of 4 mins, it would cost you 304 years of non stop 24/7 listening to have heard all of them. So better start now.

Highlighted
Solution!

SUGGESTED POSTS