Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How many songs are there in total on Spotify?

Solved!

How many songs are there in total on Spotify?

I know it doesn't fit this forum, but there was nowhere else to ask and I could not find it anywhere online.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your personal library has no limit that I know of, @wrafi. That 3333 number applies to the maximum number of downloaded songs on one device - to listen to when you're not connected.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

11 Replies

Hi, @sydneyschelvis! Did some digging for you, and the unofficial number I got was that it would be over 40 million songs. Maximum allowed in a single playlist is 9999, and maximum allowed to be saved on one device is 3333.

I hope this is helpful, and I hope you have a wonderful sunday filled with the music you love.

does that mean that you can only save 3333 songs in your library?

yeah i think it would be cool to know the real number

Marked as solution

Your personal library has no limit that I know of, @wrafi. That 3333 number applies to the maximum number of downloaded songs on one device - to listen to when you're not connected.

Hi @Audiozobe, thank you for your answer. I am still curious however where you came up with the number 40 million?

Hi, @sydneyschelvis. It's not an official number. I asked around fellow Rock Stars and moderators and this is the number that came up. I didn't get an absolute number, though, and I'm still trying to find a final number - I'd love to know to the song.

I don't believe you'll ever get an apsolute number, as Spotify is constently adding thousands of new songs each week. In my opinion, it's just better to get a yearly average, which is 40 million (which is the agreed estimate).

Also interesting: with an average length of 4 mins, it would cost you 304 years of non stop 24/7 listening to have heard all of them. So better start now.

Marked as solution

40+ million tracks according to https://newsroom.spotify.com/company-info/

Updated to 50million + now on that company info page.

That is amazing of 40 million!

Suggested posts