Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to put my own songs on spotify

Solved!

How to put my own songs on spotify

Hello I am an artist and I was wondering how is it possible to add songs?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Depending on your setup, your music can either be delivered by a record label or distributor. A distributor will handle the licensing, distribution, and royalty payments associated with your release; they usually charge for their services, so it’s worth doing some research to find out which will be the best fit. If you’re looking for a place to start, check out our list of preferred and recommend distributors.

If you want to submit a track for playlist consideration, but it’s from your first release on Spotify, it’s important to make sure that you find a distributor that allows you to select a release date that’s at least one week in the future. That should give you enough time to claim your artist profile and get your track submitted.  

For more info, check out our Guide, FAQs, and the rest of The Game Plan video series.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey!

All the information you need is here.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

All the information you need is found on the artist pages.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi I am a beginner artist and I have single that I would like to put on Spotify. When I applied for Spotify for artists, it said I "could get access to artists" and I was a bit confused on what that meant. I put a random singer/songwriter on Spotify down and I'm not sure if I did the right thing. Could someone please explain what that meant?

Yeah, The same thing happened to me. What is the relevance of putting an artist in the box? im just trying to put My music on spotify.

Hey Guys, I wrote a little thing about how to do this using Distrokid:
https://medium.com/@jordan.oakley.music?source=linkShare-98ee9482b87f-1500543783
There's some other suggestions on the thread I made as well:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Getting-your-own-music-onto-Spotify/m-p/1754329#M...

I'm no artist, but I have a great song!

https://artists.spotify.com/

Spoiler
click above

@cod96 wrote:

Hello I am an artist and I was wondering how is it possible to add songs?

b.png
Marked as solution

Depending on your setup, your music can either be delivered by a record label or distributor. A distributor will handle the licensing, distribution, and royalty payments associated with your release; they usually charge for their services, so it’s worth doing some research to find out which will be the best fit. If you’re looking for a place to start, check out our list of preferred and recommend distributors.

If you want to submit a track for playlist consideration, but it’s from your first release on Spotify, it’s important to make sure that you find a distributor that allows you to select a release date that’s at least one week in the future. That should give you enough time to claim your artist profile and get your track submitted.  

For more info, check out our Guide, FAQs, and the rest of The Game Plan video series.

How can I start my own music on Spotify. 

Thanks for everything

Hi I’m an artist and was wondering how I could make my songs and put them on Spotify.

Hey there @25749048,

Thanks for stopping by the Community!

I get that you're an artist and you want to have your music distributed to Spotify 🙂 As mentioned earlier here, this can happen via third-party distribution partners. Please check out the detailed response of @Meredith in this thread for more info and useful links on the subject.

We also have a special webpage dedicated to helping artists like yourself here, so feel free to explore it and contact the help team there to give you additional support if need be.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts