Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to remove "Popular with listeners of: <podcast>" recommendations?

Solved!

How to remove "Popular with listeners of: <podcast>" recommendations?

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question

Recently my partner and I were in a romantic mood and decided to try out erotic podcasts. We didn't like it and ended it pretty quickly.

Now ever since we've listened to this podcast, my Spotify Homescreen has a tab called (translated from Dutch) "Popular with listeners of: <Podcast Name>", with multiple erotic podcast recommendations. 

How do I remove this or get this removed?

Desktop - "Populair with listeners of:"Desktop - "Populair with listeners of:"

As the recommendations display as the 2nd row on my home screen, I'm no longer comfortable opening or using Spotify, whenever we have friends over or when I am at work... 😅

This also slightly applies to my Android app, as that one now prominently displays "Your topshows", with the erotic podcasts, on my homescreen...

Android - My 'topshows'Android - My 'topshows'

Hope someone can help! Otherwise I'm guessing it may finally be time to look into alternative music streaming options, that don't embarass me in front of others..🙄

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @MistahZ

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We understand where you're coming from. However, the option to customize what appears on your Home screen is not available at the moment. 

In this case, we'd recommend heading to this idea where you can leave your +VOTE if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @MistahZ

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We understand where you're coming from. However, the option to customize what appears on your Home screen is not available at the moment. 

In this case, we'd recommend heading to this idea where you can leave your +VOTE if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thank you very much Novy. ll be sure to add my input to that idea!

The embarrasing recommendations also seem to have suddenly vanished, so I'm figuring it either finally 'forgot' after a couple of weeks, or a kind Spotify-moderator who saw this thread has removed it 🙂

Hey @MistahZ

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

Еnjoy your music!  

Same thing is happening to me and no option to delete.

Hi there @rlake76

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We can confirm that it's not possible to customize what shows up on your Home screen. However, it looks like other people would like to have this option as well. In this case, it's well worth giving the idea @Novy shared previously a vote to show your support. 

If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I fixed this by cancelling my subscription and using a different service.

I think the important part about this post is that I learned that there are erotic podcasts. But something I noticed after reviewing several posts is that people in general want to be able to customize their homescreen. Me, personally, it does not impact my user experience. However, it's clear that some want to be able to remove (or maybe dislike?) certain recommendations on the homescreen. And what made me double down on spotify was that podcasts are in the same app as the music, but its clear that some people aren't podcast fans and would very much like to shut that part of the service off. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

In the meantime we suggest that you head over to the idea that's been provided and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am also very annoyed by this.

I clicked some episode about learning Spanish a few months ago, just once for 5 seconds, by accident.

Now I see 3 suggestions for Spanish on my Spotify app, each day, on every app, first thing I see.

It never changes to recent whatever podcast/episode, I only listen to regular tracks.

I don't even know how to influence what is showed there?

Let's be real here. I'm not saying anything any of you aren't already aware of, but while Spotify has a great service, putting in some simple customizable options just isn't in there best interests. Podcasts have become a major part of their business model this year, so they're going to do their best to shove that stuff down your throat whether you like it or not. They're about as interested in listening to us as they are in paying their artists fairly. The only "voting" that will get their attention (despite what their copy-paste online support staff tell you) is voting with your wallet and cancelling the service until they fix this. But unfortunately however annoyed I am at this sort of thing, Spotify is just too great at finding great new music for me to do that. So instead I'll keep bitching about it with no solution. 

Same goes with me. I have recommendations I don’t want. As premium user I should have the right to edit my Home Screen.

Same here.

I listened a few other postcasts, but the only postcasts that are recommended where those erotic ones. 

how can I fixe this, cause this is feels like it is on purpose 

greets 

peter

I listened to ONE single episode from a very unsympathetic creator just to join an argument almost a year ago. 
Now it's ALWAYS the base for podcast recommendations. (of similarly repulsive creators)

Even if I exclusively binge another podcast, Spotify doesn't care at all. 

Either implement a dislike/remove option or if you are not capable to do so, send us an e-mail address where you'll fix each persons problem one by one.

This half-assed way of podcast recommendations are pretty disgusting.

Thanks I guess.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your continued reports on this, your feedback is much appreciated.

The best way to voice your concerns about this, is to support the relevant ideas on the matter, starting with the one, linked in the solution post. If you'd like, you can also support:

When our ideas gather the required amount of votes, we always make sure to notify the appropriate teams. You can learn more about how ideas work here.

Hope this helps!

Take care!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm not happy this is marked a solution just because the original poster didn't see the annoying recommendations anymore.

This is not solved, and is annoying 100% of the time I start Spotify on my phone, PC or anywhere.

Give a up vote with your pocket book. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

As mentioned above, we suggest that you head over to the ideas and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the idea for any updates regarding this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It seems to me that the moderators on this site are not able to put an idea forward!

several people have requested that you should be able to remove popular with listeners and nothing has

been done?

really disappointing!!!!’☹️

Suggested posts