Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I DON´T HAVE GENIUS LYRICS ON IOS

I DON´T HAVE GENIUS LYRICS ON IOS

Hi everyone. Greetings from Mexico.

I´m on the latest version of iOS (13.5), and the latest version of Spotify (8.5.59), and I don't have lyrics by Genius on my app. Who knows how to fix this problem?. I saw some friends that already have the feature, I want to 😔

Thanks! 

4 Replies

Hi yeipimdc!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

In order to see Genius lyrics on Spotify, you have to go to Settings > Playback > Canvas and activate it.
Remember that not all songs on Spotify have lyrics, but new lyrics and stories are added to Genius every day, so you may find them added in the future.

I hope this helps.
Cheers!

Hi. Thank you for the solution. But, I’m looking for the feature where all the song lyrics appear with the song. Now I just have the Storyline. 

B35E9157-59AC-45DB-9376-466A560D58A4.png

Hi again!

At the moment it's not possible to have all the lyrics. Depending on the song you have a mix of lyrics and behind the scenes info, including what inspired the lyrics and facts about the song.

There is an existing idea in the Community to enable to show only the song lyrics in Behind the Lyrics. You can add your vote to it here.

Hello,

I was having the same problem, and was told to turn Canvas on, on Settings-Playback-Canvas but it did not appear as such.

Afterwards, I saw Spotify had a deal with Musixmatch, so I downloaded the app (Musixmatch) synced it with Spotify and then I went to settings-playback and on the bottom, finally, Canvas appeared and the problem was solved.

It seems Spotify and Genius are no longer partnered.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts