Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is There a Way to Block Explicit Content?

Is There a Way to Block Explicit Content?

Is there an option to block a specific artist or song? For example, the "Early Morning" playlist had a track that kept using the word "**bleep**," which I have no desire to listen to. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
35 Replies

I am new with a family package and I was listening in my car with my 9 year old daughter. F bombs was flying all over. I thought it was my mistake and, I thoguht, sure, there should be a way to turn off the explicit content. To my surprise, NO!!!!

I am done with this. I am out!!!!

This option is a MUST... and it would not even be that difficult.  They have already gone through the difficult part and labeled each song 'EXPLICIT'.  A simple toggle switch and you are good to go.

Come on SPOTIFY, step up and provide this option.

I moved from iTunes to Spotify two weeks ago. I am having a huge problem with the explicit lyrics in a lot of the songs. My two young daughters and I do not want to hear explicit lyrics. To date, I have not found a way to filter out explicit lyrics within Spotify.

I am cancelling my subscription and going back to iTunes for my music streaming service.

Concerned parent and avid music listener, Andre P.

I'm trying to listen to Spotify at work and want to filter out explicit content. I also want to use it at home, and as my son ages, would like to share playlists with him. However I also need to filter explicit content from him as well. I don't see a feature in Spotify to do that. I need this feature, or else I'm going to have to change to one of the multitude of other services that do offer this feature, such as Pandora or Google Music.

Thanks

Hello, I'm a user too, waiting for Spotify to correct this issue. So far,
they have not after months of requests. It's a great service, but the
profanity is truly a fly in the ointment for folks who do NOT want adult
themes/language to be broadcast into their cars and homes.
Hopefully, somebody at Spotify Corporate will make an adult decision, and
make it possible to screen out unwanted content.

Tried to celebrate Black History month with Spotify's Black Awareness playlists.

It was too hard to skip all the "EXPLICIT" tracks, so, I cant celebrate 😞

in my previous post all the "***BLEEP***" is where spotify **bleep**ing censored me. There is something insanely wrong about a host censoring my speech while not allowing me to censor an artist's speech.

Just Sayin.

Answer: As stated by a Spotify Representative,

"I've checked my resources here on my end and currently, it's not possible to filter these music."

Personally this is an important feature and there is no reason why Spotify should not have developed this feature. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.39.56 PM.png

You really need a way to "opt-out" of explicit content...why is that? Families with kids should also be able to enjoy the music without worrying if a song is going to start playing with inappropriate language or an add pops up that is inappropriate. This is why we do not have Premium and why my 12 yr old daughter isn’t allowed to listen without our supervision. 
There are MANY listeners that do not want to hear expletives and filth, wise up Spotify!

We need it for iPhone also!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Explicit-button/idi-p/3869

They just put the option in for iOS devices.

I dont have it but they have blocked the thread to comments - stuck at just over 1200 votes how do they get the feedback they ask for??

Must have this feature to expose Spotify to kids.  Can't be that hard....

I understand Spotify has a filter now for iPhones only..

It's also works on Android as well.  

Ya

Suggested posts