Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Issue with songs being unhidden

Issue with songs being unhidden

Plan

Premium

Country 

Canada 

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Anytime I go through a Spotify curated playlist like “Psych and Groove” for example (but this happens to all playlists) and hide the songs I don’t want to listen to, a day or so later all the songs that I’ve hidden are now back to normal and everything is unhidden again. The first time it happened I thought maybe it was a glitch and tried hiding them again, but a few days later again everything was unhidden. I’ve tried a clean uninstall and then reinstall and it’s still doing this. 

Does Spotify automatically unhide songs after a period of time or is this a known bug?

Someone please help me, this is driving me insane. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Casshole33

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

Just to confirm, did you follow these specific steps to reinstall the app?

On another note, could you let us know if you're using any cache clearing apps or any apps that optimize storage space on your devices? If so, we suggest that you try disabling them or whitelisting Spotify to check if that makes the difference. 

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I did follow those steps. And nope, not using any sort of app like that. I’m not sure what else to try, but it’s driving me crazy, haha. 

Hey @Casshole33

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you still experience this after performing a clean reinstall of Spotify it's also a good idea to check if the issue might be related to your Spotify account or the particular device in use. 

Try logging in to your account on another device to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

If you still notice this on another device, try logging in to a different Spotify account on your original device to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts