Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing Tracks

Missing Tracks

Is there a way to figure out what happened to an Artist's songs? Yeah, I know that can remove them anytime  they want, but it would nice to see why or whether the removal is temporary.

https://open.spotify.com/album/40FoS0PTwpc9NnMOhiIgcy?si=ggWxcQakSmGvvYibZ0-4zw

Trying to figure this site out. Why would a whole album be gone, yet other tracks from that Artist are still available. I have never seen this on GPM.

UPDATE: I stand corrected. The one song What Would You Say is available on GPM.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Hey @jasonv59, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. 

Spotify want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. 

Certain tracks, a whole album, or just select playlists may become unavailable due to permissions from right holders as well. There isn’t an exact timeframe of when this will happen - but hopefully you’ll see the content you’re looking for soon. 

Have a great day further!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I fully understand that some artists/albums may be missing due licensing between countries, but why are some songs missing from whole albums? That doesn't make sense. Additionally, why can I find these tracks on other services?

Example:

spotify:album:4HDg3fSXXw4ma8OzsRoGcD

Suggested posts