Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Most songs keep skipping

Most songs keep skipping

After working for months without an issue, my spotify on my laptop (windows 10) now skips a lot of sings after playing for less than 1 second. A number of songs that I have played recently on it still play in full, but no other songs work, even if I they are saved to my library. I have looked into a lot of other issues posted that are similar and tried the solutions but nothing has worked yet. When I use the same account through my mobile it works fine, but even when I cast it from my mobile to laptop it starts skipping again.

4 Replies

I remember having this similar issue one night and I just logged out and back in and it's been months without issues.

Hey @BrandonForde, thanks for writing!

Besides logging out and then back in, you can try a clean reinstall if you already haven't.

Let me know if it helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This has not worked unfortunately @Bittencourt. Everything works fine if I am logged into a different spotify account, its only for my own one for some reason.

Well @BrandonForde,

In this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them.

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts