Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multiple Accounts

Multiple Accounts

Plan

My wife and I have discovered she is on Premium Family and I am on Premium Individual.

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 13, iPhone 11)

Operating System

(Latest Apple iOS)

My Question or Issue

My wife and I recently discovered that we have two accounts and are trying to end up with one Premium Duo account.  She is on Premium Family and I am on Premium Individual.  Obviously we are paying for more than we need.  First question is how do we change plans to a single Premium Duo account?  Second question is if we do this, how do we preserve our existing playlists?

5 Replies

Hey @Marathonvet37,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

The accounts are independent from the subscription type and your music library will be preserved if you switch plans. It works on the principle that everybody in the family gets to connect their existing account to the subscription, no music is lost. You will get to keep all of your preciously created playlists and saved songs. 

We'd suggest that you both cancel your existing subscriptions by following the steps in this article, wait until the accounts revert to free and then one of you can sign up for Duo and invite the other one to join as a plan member. 

Note that the plan owner can’t be changed once the plan is created. 

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Lyubka

Help!  My premium membership expired - you say you still keep your playlist and saved music when your account is free, but I seem to have lost mine!  How do I access it?

Lydia

Hey @riva2,

What @Lyubka has mentioned is correct - your library does not change if you switch your subscription plan. Even if your Premium expires, everything aside from the subscription-related app features remains the same. 

In case you still don't see your library items, please doublecheck if you're logged into the correct account first.
Tip: Should you have accidentally deleted any of your playlists, you can try recovering them through here 🙂

Keep us posted on how things go 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a Family Plan and my daughter has a student account and graduating. I want her to join our Family Plan but she is afraid to lose her music library.  I read that this will not be the case if she joins the Family Plan, however, your suggestion to cancel the plans and re-open a new one once these revert to free is not the same described in the Family Plan.  The page says "You need to be logged into your own Spotify account and have received an invite to your email address to join.

• You need to be living with the Family manager
  • Enter the same address as the plan manager upon joining the plan" It also states "If they do have an account, they can join your plan and keep all of their playlists and saved music. If they already have Premium, they will no longer be billed."  There's no guidance to cancel the plans and re-open a new one... am I missing something?  Thank you!
  •  

Hey there @22j7kqkbqus2et4y4uwg,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Your daughter should be able to join your Family plan right away, if you're living together. All you need to do is send her an invite from your account page > Subscription > Manage members. 

Also, no worries, she can use her current Spotify account to join your plan, meaning your daughter keeps her account exactly as it is right now. The only thing that will change is the subscription type, but the account itself won't be affected. Once she has joined, her own subscription should automatically be canceled, and your daughter will receive Premium features through your account.

Another option, if she would like to make sure that she won't be charged before joining your Family plan, is to cancel her current student subscription. The account will then revert to free once the Premium time expires. No changes will be made to her saved music even if the account's on free, she'll only need to resync playlist that she wants to have available for offline listening, once she has joined your plan.

We hope this clear things up! Cheers.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts