Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music Add Request

Solved!

Music Add Request

Hey. I was wondering if you guys could add the prayer by Kid Cudi. It deserves to be on spotify and I wanted to know if you could add it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Are you interested in getting some new music on Spotify? Please continue reading!

Missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify.

It might be a good idea to contact the label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify!

You can also fill out this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest. You might also be interested in supporting this idea, which suggests a simpler method for requesting albums missing from Spotify.

Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

We're going to close this thread as it's close to 1,000 replies. 

Please know posting in the Community is not an affective way of getting an artist on Spotify. The best course of action is contacting the artist or their record label directly to let them know you'd like to listen on Spotify.

We want all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label, or a change may happen in music ownership.

Thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

What about Podcasts & Videos?

Licensing and ownership constraints can also apply to non-musical content, such as podcasts and videos.

What about mixtapes?

We know that some artists make their own mixtapes freely available online. But to put it on Spotify, we still need to license it.

Artists can submit their music to Spotify via an aggregator, and we’ll be more than happy to upload it. However, it’s up to the submitter to gain permission from all the individual rights holders to use their music in this way.

View solution in original post

896 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community!

It's up to the record companys to decide which music is available on Spotify.

You can read more at the music faq about music requests.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Hello Spotify,

Can you add Paulina Rubio - Ni Una Sola Palabra (Version Bachata).

Thanks,

Could you add Old Thing Back (Matoma Remix) - The Notorious BIG ft. Ja Rule

I was wondering if you guys re-added this Cause and Effect alubm back to the list please?

CauseEffect_1990_album.jpeg

Can you add the Up in the Air soundtrack?

Any content that is missing is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. 

Any content that has disappeared or been removed (the tracks will still be in your playlist, just hidden because they unplayable) is normally down to the record label or rights holder. Sometimes content is removed due to licensing changes, transfer of ownership or due to a request from the content owner.

Have a read at the Music FAQ topic for a little more information on how music is added to Spotify and a request form.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1989 by Taylor Swift, awesome album that needs to be added

@Dy70 - I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. It took more than a year to get Red on Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I would really like to see the album "Up" by Peter Gabriel on Spotify. I like to have all of my music in one place, and I still keep having to use Google Play to access this album. 

Hi - any chance of getting Clear by Bomb the Bass. Could be an issue as I think it's been deleted.

Hey guys!

Thanks for your requests for music. I can completely understand your need for more music, I mean I love it too 🙂

We're always working on adding thousands of new tracks daily but sometimes licensing can come in to play. To find out more on missing content, head over to this handy link here:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Content-missing

Hopefully, any tracks that you were looking for may come available soon and as soon as we have it, we'll make sure you have it too!

Cheers.

Could you guys put back the album Metaphorical Music by Nujabes and add the album Modal Soul by Nujabes?

Please add Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert - for Europe/Poland. Why it is avaiable on other services, but not on Spotify??

Hello everyone, 

We'd recommend redirecting any requests you have for music over to the artist or their label.

As mentioned before, it isn't up to us (unfortunately!).

I would totally love it if you could get Dramarama's album "Cinema Verite". I seriously NEED the recorded version of Anything Anything

Can you add turn off the lights by panic! At the disco? Its a bonus track i think

Could spotify add
Lets Go (Dirty Version) by Trick Daddy feat. Twista and Lil Jon

Can you add "Rihanna - FourFiveSeconds (Brynny Quicky Bootleg) to spotify? 🙂

Can you please add all the CDs by RBD thank u

Suggested posts