Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music that disappears due to rights

Solved!

Music that disappears due to rights

Hi!

Some music has disappered from spotify due to rights. That music also disapears from my playlist, so my question is. If the music reappears on spotify will it automatically appear in my playlist again or do i need to add those songs again to my playlist?

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No, you wouldn't need to add them back. I actually have some songs on my Local Files playlist that were no longer available on Spotify, but are available, again. Look at the songs, "Wildest Dreams" and "Crying In The Rain", on my local files playlist. They are both white, now.

If Spotify was going to add a song back (to that album), as available, it will be exactly the same. I had those same songs on other playlists (one being "The Rider's Soundtrack"), before they became unavailable.

I uploaded those songs (as local files) into Spotify, on my computer and [put them on] my local files playlist, only after they became unavailable, through Spotify. Now, they're available, again, and I didn't have to add those songs back. So, I can tell you from experience, that you don't.

Now, if there were some weird situation, where whoever changed the song or album, you would. That would be a rare situation, if even a real situation. Otherwise, no, you don't. I hope all this helps you. Look through my playlists to see what I mean.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/3HRTvOSZbmBVk7UAUoNuHK?si=Y3wT9ukbStSTPxJ8QU-q...

Follow me

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If the song is added back from the same album, then it will reappear in your playlist. In the meantime, I would search for that song, from another album (including compilation albums with various artists, as well as movie soundtracks). I have done that, but if the song isn't available, I will buy the song. Then, I upload it into my local files, and make a playlist for those missing songs that I bought. After, you just download the playlist (and keep it downloaded), and add those songs to playlists with the songs that are no longer available (under or in place of them). If the songs become available, later, you can take your local file song off.

One thing that I do, that helps other get the complete playlist experience, that you intended, is put, in the description, what songs are no longer available in your playlist (through Spotify), where to buy them, and that they need to do what I had told you how to do (above). Also, you'll need to tell them to select "Show unplayable songs" in their settings. That way, they can see that there are songs missing. If they didn't, I don't know how that would affect letting the local files come in. It's better safe, than sorry.

I'll show you an example of what I'm telling you about, with one of my playlists. Slide over from the cover art, to read my description. Go into your settings, and turn on "Show unplayable songs". Then, look for the songs that are added as local files. There also an example (sort of) of how I added the same song under one that is no longer available on Spotify, in case it becomes available, again. The only difference is that it's by a different artist (and it was replaced by a song on Spotify, instead of a local file), but it's the same concept.

Oh, you will have to scroll (in a weird way) to see the last little bit of text, in my description. It's not really that important, except that if you get to 300 characters in your description, other people will have to scroll to the the rest of yours. So, my advice is to make it as concise as you can.

I hope all this helps.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/28q9iN2GFNORSKxhYUvlnP?si=RI6bbfvDQ1qO8jB848Mz...

Follow me

Here's an example of the playlist to make for all the songs that you buy to add to the playlists with songs that are no longet available on Spotify. Some of these songs have become available, or available again, through Spotify, but I keep them on it, just in case.

The album artwork, from the other two songs of the first four, is not showing up, because they were for songs that were uploaded and still not available. It's weird how the Bob Seger songs imported; I imported them from the album showing, but in the application it shows them from different albums, except, when I hit options and "View Album".

One other thing that's cool, about this, is that I was able to upload a music video version of the song, because I converted the music video to an audio format, then put it with the rest of my local files in my computer.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/22dFXwi7yIxBrBMtX6fgCV?si=RCNxzYQfSnSBkP6Ufnp2...

Follow me

I think you would probably have to add them back because there may have been changes made to the particular song which made it disappear in the first place.

Marked as solution

No, you wouldn't need to add them back. I actually have some songs on my Local Files playlist that were no longer available on Spotify, but are available, again. Look at the songs, "Wildest Dreams" and "Crying In The Rain", on my local files playlist. They are both white, now.

If Spotify was going to add a song back (to that album), as available, it will be exactly the same. I had those same songs on other playlists (one being "The Rider's Soundtrack"), before they became unavailable.

I uploaded those songs (as local files) into Spotify, on my computer and [put them on] my local files playlist, only after they became unavailable, through Spotify. Now, they're available, again, and I didn't have to add those songs back. So, I can tell you from experience, that you don't.

Now, if there were some weird situation, where whoever changed the song or album, you would. That would be a rare situation, if even a real situation. Otherwise, no, you don't. I hope all this helps you. Look through my playlists to see what I mean.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/3HRTvOSZbmBVk7UAUoNuHK?si=Y3wT9ukbStSTPxJ8QU-q...

Follow me

Thank you so much!! 😄

It's no problem. I'm glad to help.

Follow me

Suggested posts