Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My playlists not showing up in search even though it has more likes than others shown.

My playlists not showing up in search even though it has more likes than others shown.

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Acer Nitro 5

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

There's a playlist of mine, ( Best Of: The Strokes ) which has 6 likes, but when I search for the playlist on another account of mine or my friends account, with the exact same title (Best Of: The Strokes) it doesn't show up, even when I scroll all the way down to the bottom. I know this issue has been raised before, but the solution to all those were that Spotify ranks the playlist according to how popular it is, but that solution isn't working here and hence I've posted this issue again. And even though everybody says the results are based on the number of likes and how popular the playlist is,  based on that, with the keywords I searched for, my playlist should technically be around 10th in the list.

3 Replies

Hey @VigneshSanthosh,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

It's true that playlist popularity plays a role in where in the in the search results it comes up, but this is not the only factor. Others include your region, what the algorithm has learned about your music preference and keyword combinations.  

We recommend that your work on popularizing your playlist by sharing links with your friends and posting it online. After a while it should start coming up in the search results.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hmm, could you shed a bit more light on the mechanics of whether or not it comes up in the search?

I tried to search for my own playlists with a logged out user and some of them do no even show, even though they have been up for years and have more than +3000 users. But a list with 1 user shows.

Example: searching for snowboarding rock I don't find https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1TqFnuDFQIpdhyDlgqFGDw?si=dzf3te7SSNu_jyjZCET1Ew&utm_source=copy-l...

The one below only showed on results when I used 4 words present in the title.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2SucpsnY5N0WyOXwUfISAG?si=MtUhK-cqQX-ItR0m2DompQ&utm_source=copy-l...

Suggested posts