Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New Interface problems

New Interface problems

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Desktop Windows 10

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The new Spotify interface should not have been released before sorting out the problems that exist. 

- Cut and Paste does not work using either keyboard shortcuts or Spotify's menus.  - Local Files are hidden in the Your Library section.  It took me half an hour of searching to find them.

- Local Files in a playlist are no longer listed as to their source so no way of knowing they are local files. 

- When I come out of a playlist currently playing and go back the playlist always goes to the top regardless of the track currently playing. 

- Clicking on the minimised song picture at the bottom left used to jump you to the song in the playlist and it now no longer does.

- When viewing an artist's songs they are not listed as before but in album folders.  Worse, not all albums are listed in order or in any intelligent way.

- The 'search' field, surely a fundamental part of Spotify, is now not visible unless selected from the menu.

All this and I have only been using the new interface an hour!  It is a mess and a huge backward step.  I fail to see the reasoning behind the update because it adds virtually nothing and is much worse than the system it replaces.  Did nobody check that things like cut and paste were working, or thought about what users may actually use or want?

1 Reply

Hey there @Sphinx

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience.

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts