Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New feature that could increase listeners attention

Solved!

New feature that could increase listeners attention

I have an idea for a new feature that could encrease the willing to search for new music on spotify
A spotify page that shows the canvas of a song and 15secs snippets of the best part of the song (chosen by the artist). A tiktok-like template
The user can scroll down the videos just like tiktok and every snippet he likes, gets added to his songs list
This page won't show a random snippet but a snippet that the algorithm knows it's perfect for the user, just like tiktok does it to keep the user on the app for hours. This page will be entertaining.

Pros:
- This is a simple way to discover new music for lazy users (almost all users lol)
- There's more chance for upcoming artists to get viral
- There's more chance for famous artists also for get their underrated songs listened
- Songs with long intro have their chance to shine because only the best part would be shown on the snippet

Cons:
- Playlist like Realease radar would get less attention but who cares? Lazy people don't have time to listen for the whole song

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

All

Device

Mobile

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MwiHero, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing. You can create a new Idea about this here, and I thank you for your feedback.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @MwiHero, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing. You can create a new Idea about this here, and I thank you for your feedback.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts