Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Content Questions

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Feature To Try On Desktop: Quick Search Shortcuts

Hey folks, The Spotify team is always working to make the software as simple as possible for everyone to use, and for those of you who like to save a bit of time by using keyboard shortcuts, there's a very convenient trick that you may not have notic...

dinomight_0-1661880282065.jpeg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • fumikimkim
  • Roadie
  • 46 replies
  • 105 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 105 likes

New Home Feed Interface?

Sorry but this new "tiktok-like" interface is so ugly. Spotify needs to realise that a familiar design on one app absolutely doesn't work for others. It doesn't "promote discovery" and honestly just makes me feel less inclined to scroll through hundr...

• Visitor
  • nin302
  • Regular
  • 2353 replies
  • 1921 likes
  • 2353 replies
  • 1921 likes

Superuser Contribution SPOTIFY DID IT AGAIN!

PlanFree/Premium Country Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question Premium - USADell Inspiron - Win10 Why did Spotify change it's format and while doing so once again ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Free/Premium   Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Content Question - Short Playlist Descriptions

Plan: Free=====My Question or Issue: Why was the Playlist Description character limit lowered from 300 to 200 characters? I don't think my device, OS, or country has anything to do with the latest change with the most recent update, which was changin...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Free ===== My Question or Issue: Why was the Playlist Description character limit lowered from 300 to 200 characters?   I don't think my device, OS, or country has anything to do with ...
  • Ghostgate
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Using album artwork in uploaded playlist images

This is a question for the legal minds out there: Given that the default image for playlists consists of album artwork for tracks in the playlist, is it considered “fair use” to use those same images in an uploaded, custom playlist image? I ask becau...

• Roadie
  • This is a question for the legal minds out there:   Given that the default image for playlists consists of album artwork for tracks in the playlist, is it considered “fair use” to use those sa...
  • Top50Clean
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Remove Facebook banner from desktop app

Can you please remove the Facebook banner on desktop app for windows 10? I don’t want to connect to Facebook from my Spotify account. There is no way to close this banner. PlanPremiumCountryDenmark DeviceWindows 10

7680F911-7202-4B82-9386-091B02DF25D9.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Can you please remove the Facebook banner on desktop app for windows 10? I don’t want to connect to Facebook from my Spotify account. There is no way to close this banner.  Plan Premium C...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs of an artist

Hellohow can I list ALL songs of an artist?on the artist profile I can only see popular songs, but I want to see somewhere all if them for an artist thanks for your supportsteph

• Casual Listener
  • Hello how can I list ALL songs of an artist? on the artist profile I can only see popular songs, but I want to see somewhere all if them for an artist    thanks for your support step...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Deep forest album

Hello. I've recently have been going over deep forest album and they have one missing. Its my favorite one so seeing it disapear is pretty sad. The album is called Deep Forest by deep forest. I have one of the songs from the album saved to my playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I've recently have been going over deep forest album and they have one missing. Its my favorite one so seeing it disapear is pretty sad. The album is called Deep Forest by deep forest. I have ...
  • BMOOORE
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist header image

UPDATE: The issue appears to be resolved; I can update the images now. Thanks, Spotify!Hello,Yesterday my single became live on Spotify. When I went to the artist page to update the header image, *I followed all of the requirements regarding size, et...

• Regular
  • UPDATE: The issue appears to be resolved; I can update the images now. Thanks, Spotify! Hello, Yesterday my single became live on Spotify. When I went to the artist page to update the header image,...
  • Amaliaband
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Histórico Incompleto

PlanPremium DuoCountryBrasil DeviceGalaxy S10e, Samsung NP370E4K Operating SystemAndroid 11 One UI 3.0, Windows 10 My Question or IssueOi! Há algum tempo eu tenho notado que quando baixo o meu histórico, ele não vem completo, somente a partir do ano ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country Brasil  Device Galaxy S10e, Samsung NP370E4K  Operating System Android 11 One UI 3.0, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Oi! Há algum tempo eu tenho n...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Is "Recently played" visible on profile with the new desktop update?

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceMacbook Pro My Question or IssueWhat is the difference between A "See what your friends are playing" and B "Show my listening activity on Spotify"?Is A not showing what I'm playing in friends' feed?Is B showing my "...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Macbook Pro   My Question or Issue What is the difference between A "See what your friends are playing" and B "Show my listening activity on Spoti...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Podcasts] wth is up with ads on premium while listening to podcasts?

you get paid a subscription fee for a service. its unethical to push ads on podcasts. stop it you greedy corpos

• Visitor
  • you get paid a subscription fee for a service. its unethical to push ads on podcasts. stop it you greedy corpos
  • oy5tein
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Playlist Radio Missing?

PlanFreeCountryU.S.DeviceSamsung Galaxy S20 FEMy Question or IssueA week ago spotify randomly started to play a radio based on the only playlist I listen to and I recently clicked out by accident. The "Playlist Radio" (or something similar) isn't the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country U.S. Device Samsung Galaxy S20 FE My Question or Issue A week ago spotify randomly started to play a radio based on the only playlist I listen to and I recently clicked out b...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution radar realase problem

Hello !I'm starting to get fed up with the radar realase! I've said many times that I don't like an artist, but it always comes back. sorry for my english ! i hope that you understand and i hope that " hiphop construction " will never come back ! cal...

• Roadie
  • Hello ! I'm starting to get fed up with the radar realase! I've said many times that I don't like an artist, but it always comes back. 😡   sorry for my english ! i hope that you underst...
  • cali-tpk
  • Roadie
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop user-love the "You've liked x number of songs" by an artist

After having had a lot of issues with the new (now old) redesign, I wanted to drop some positivity. i LOVE the tally that now appears on an artist page. I still don't love how difficult is to provide feedback/post on these forums, so I hope this is s...

• Music Fan
  • After having had a lot of issues with the new (now old) redesign, I wanted to drop some positivity. i LOVE the tally that now appears on an artist page. I still don't love how difficult is to provide...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Interface problems

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceDesktop Windows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe new Spotify interface should not have been released before sorting out the problems that exist. - Cut and Paste does not work using either keyboard sho...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Desktop Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The new Spotify interface should not have been released before sorting out...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Friends Activities are too small

Hello,with the new update the Friends Activities section got too small. Song title and artist are on the same row and that makes hard to read them because they are often cut. The font is also much smaller than before. I can't enlarge the section like...

• Visitor
  • Hello, with the new update the Friends Activities section got too small. Song title and artist are on the same row and that makes hard to read them because they are often cut. The font is also much ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Can I somehow influence the Discover Weekly algorithm? Exclude languages or something?

Plan: Premium, Denmark. Now living in Finland. In May 2015 we were on a 1,5 week road trip through Italy. Back then we listened regularly to some Italian songs/playlists. Have not listened to them since. Cue 6 years (!) later: my Discover Weekly stil...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium, Denmark. Now living in Finland.   In May 2015 we were on a 1,5 week road trip through Italy. Back then we listened regularly to some Italian songs/playlists. Have not listened t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Home page junk

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung G S8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue. I've noticed for some time that the home page (Android version) is obliterated with **bleep**. I pay a premium for music of my liking and I don't want to be pe...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung G S8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue. I've noticed for some time that the home page (Android version) is obliterated with...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Spotify for Artists] Incorrect album connected to artist, OTR

This album (https://open.spotify.com/album/0eaidQGhlb8BjkqotY8Lii?si=A8ITLgfDQXykhSHPjm3zsQ&dl_branch=1), released yesterday, is not music produced by the same artist, OTR, who released this album: https://open.spotify.com/album/2ipEAI9zGgsbf0CSkYBVS...

• Visitor
  • This album (https://open.spotify.com/album/0eaidQGhlb8BjkqotY8Lii?si=A8ITLgfDQXykhSHPjm3zsQ&dl_branch=1), released yesterday, is not music produced by the same artist, OTR, who released this albu...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify for Artists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

E icon is missing from explicit songs in the album/playlist radio context

Explicit songs in a playlist/album radio should be visually marked explicit with the "E" icon like they are in other places in the interface. Example: song X appears in my playlist radio. It is explicit. If I click through to the album of song X, or ...

• Explicit songs in a playlist/album radio should be visually marked explicit with the "E" icon like they are in other places in the interface. Example: song X appears in my playlist radio. It is expli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Turning shuttle OFF (for ever).

I NEVER EVER want to shuffle my music. Is there a way to turn it off FOR EVER?Why does it keep returning? I went for a bike ride today and put on a playlist including two classical/modern suites (on my Android phone). I really don't want the order ch...

• Music Fan
  • I NEVER EVER want to shuffle my music. Is there a way to turn it off FOR EVER? Why does it keep returning? I went for a bike ride today and put on a playlist including two classical/modern suites (o...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle Function
    sleeve notes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes