Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Play-Spotify.com vs Premium -- Different Song Availability?

Solved!

Play-Spotify.com vs Premium -- Different Song Availability?

I just signed up for Premium trial (thinking of switching from Google Music).

When I searched for the song "Illuminated Red" by The Accidental on play-spotify.com, it found it, together with the whole album: "Snip URL to fake site"

But when I search in ithe Spotify app on my iPad, or on my desktop (mac), neither the album nor the song are available 😞

What is the reason and what am I missing?

Thanks!

Edit reason: Removed illegal fake/bogus URL link.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Tototoo

That is a knock off fake site, be very careful linking your Spotify account or using your Spotify sign in credentials at these sites. This is the correct Spotify webplayer URL: https://player.spotify.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@Tototoo

That is a knock off fake site, be very careful linking your Spotify account or using your Spotify sign in credentials at these sites. This is the correct Spotify webplayer URL: https://player.spotify.com/

Thanks! I already changed my password, just in case 😞

A follow up question about Illuminated Red and the The Accidental: the album is available on Google Play, Apple Music, etc.. The Accidental has two songs on Spotify, but not the album the other services have. Did I just stumble on the one song that Spotify doesn't have, which is available on all other services I've tried?

@Tototoo

I did a lookup for that release title using this https://jcheng31.github.io/isitonspotify/ Spotify API search tool. It would appear the release There Were Wolves, which should have that song? This release is on Spotify in three different versions for these regions for version 1: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Plurinational State of Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, 

Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Province of China, Turkey, Uruguay.

Version 2: Austria, Germany, Switzerland

Version 3: Ireland, United Kingdom

So if you are in one of these listening regions listed above, you might have access to the release you are looking for?

Suggested posts