Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Pre Release on Spotify - how do I do this?

Pre Release on Spotify - how do I do this?

We have a new Ep coming out on 12th May, we've just spent 3 months getting it ready. I was under the impression that if I added the EP to Spotify through Disktro Kid the album would appear but you wouldnt be able to play the songs until its released. So like a kind of teaser. After mailing them I have now found out this isnt possible. Can anyone help me please as to how I actually go about doing this?

Which companies actually let you do that

Thanks

Follow for a follow
3 Replies

Hey @LegPuppy

Most music platforms do not have a preview of the release until it is actually released. iTunes has a pre-order page that goes up, but that's the only one I know of.

Some artists have been coming up with solutions with their record label/distrubutor like "Kobalt" such as as a custom built pre-save button that uses the Spotify Developer API:

http://musically.com/2016/11/29/laura-marling-fans-can-pre-save-her-new-album-on-spotify/

So really there is no way to do this right now unless your distributor or label supports it. The only ones I have seen support it right now are distributors for big artists.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Also, if you have fans following you on social media you can post marketing teasers there. Most artists will make a video or image with teaser material and post it on social media and post several times with count downs until the day. You've probably seen those before. Just an idea

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts