Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Probably Lame Question - New User

Probably Lame Question - New User

Please bear with me, Im a new Spotify user.

There is quite a few Spotify Playlist I liked, and I was listening to them on my phone. But then after few weeks, I notice that some songs are removed and some new are added. My questions would be:

1. How can I retrieve songs which are removed?

2. How can I set up that Playlist update only adds new songs but not remove old ones?

I apologize in advance if this was the lamest question you ever heard. I'm just trying to figure how this works. 

Thanks!

4 Replies

Playlists made by others on Spotify can be changed, whether adding or removing songs, by the person who made it at any time. I don't believe there is a way to see what songs they have removed, however you can make your own playlist and copy over the entirety of the other person's playlist into your own. Since this will be your own playlist, changes they make to their's won't change yours. After you do this, you can regularly check the other person's playlist and copy any new songs they've added over to yours.

Thanks for replying. 

I understood I can only have a control over the music I save.

I wish I knew this earlier, there are lots of songs I can't remember now which they have been removed from the playlist and I really like them 😞 

@Zorkev

Hey there! Did you by chance either connect a http://www.last.fm/ account or a facebook account to your Spotify account, both services collect your Spotify play histories for you?

JayLB, thanks for replying!

Unfortunately not, neither of them 😞

I actually got Spotify Premium for 2 years with my Vodafone contract so I decided to give it ago.

Just created account and that was it. I know there was an option to log in with Facebook but I didn't do it. 

I just thought because the Playlist I was listening were mainly created by Spotify not individuals that there will be way of seeing history and controlling updates.  

Suggested posts