Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Question about recommendation rules

Question about recommendation rules

I'm a collector, and I feel like all the songs that spotify suggests to me are meant to be (whether they're good or not), so every week I create a separate weekly list of suggested songs and bookmark them.
Spotify has been adding this status for a while now to show whether a song is added to my account library or not, and I wanted to ask if adding a song to my list affects the algorithm that spotify uses to recommend songs to me!

Or does it only affect the recommendation algorithm if the song is tagged as liked songs?

iShot_2024-02-28_17.19.22.png
5 Replies

Hey @slippindylan, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That is odd. I would recommend resetting your password here, just in case. I would give it about a week for the Discover Weekly to update and see if the same results are showing. I can also follow up with you in a week to see how things are - just let me know. 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I feel like you didn't understand my question
What I'm trying to say isn't about my account, it's about spotify's recommendation algorithm.

Hey @slippindylan

Thanks for your response. I re-read your original post and I am sorry for any confusion. The screenshot shows that you highlighted the green checkmarks in a Discover Weekly playlist, which really should not be happening - and I thought you were experiencing an issue regarding that. 

In terms of how the algorithm works, Discover Weekly is based on your listening history. It doesn't really matter if you like a song or not, the algorithm is based on your music patterns as Spotify tries to recommend new songs that align with your music taste. 

I hope this clarifies things!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Can you explain the exact rules of his algorithm, I feel like I'm hearing a mess of songs suggested to me right now.

Hey @slippindylan,

This page from the Spotify Newsroom has more information on how to make your Discover Weekly more personalized. That is all of the information that is provided about what is considered when developing your Discover Weekly. 

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to let me know. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts