Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

READ THIS ABOUT MISSING METAL ALBUMS

Solved!

READ THIS ABOUT MISSING METAL ALBUMS

Apparently, Nuclear Blast (at which many Metal bands are signed) is in the process of revising their distributors. Many albums have been reported "missing".

I sent them a message, and received the following answers:

"Thank you for your message. We’re currently in the process of changing our distributors for all streaming services, so it might happen that albums disappear for a while. They should be available again within the next couple of days. If that is not the case, please let me know and I will see that they will be online again."

And later:

"Thank you for your message and your concern. There are about 40 Nuclear Blast albums missing from Spotify right now. But our colleagues at Nuclear Blast UK and the new distributor are working hard on making them available again. That should be the case within the next couple of days. That is unfortunately all the information I have so far. Should you still come across any missing albums after that, please let us know."

I've already asked what albums are left, but no reaction as of the time of writing this. I'll keep you posted.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here. The Ride Majestic (Soilwork) is back online.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

This comes back every few years. Seriously, how hard can it be to renew the licenses before they expire? And if it is not the case of license.. why take down the albums at all in the first place?

As a paying customer I am very much not impressed.

I fully agree,  fix this quick please.. 

Latest reply (yesterday):

"I don’t have a list of the albums unfortunately. But the goal is definitely to have all albums available again. There are no region restrictions happening, I believe that all European countries are affected by the distributor change at the moment."

Who are you talking to? Spotify? They don't have a saying in this.

Nuclear Blast? They don't attend this forum.

So, who? Just saying...

@fh_spitfire

Those things are likely not as simple as they seem to be. It's also the case on all streaming platforms, not just Spotify, I'm afraid.
If you don't want to face this issue, then the only way is to buy the albums. Nobody will make your local library unavailable. 😉

@M_0_J_0 Thank you for bringing information about this here! 🙂 I appreciate it.
It's also nice to hear they will be available for everyone (no restrctions).

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just venting myself, I tend to get upset when my fav albums go missing 😉

Also, it seems like the albums are back already (at least those that I've checked).

@fh_spitfire

I understand. 🙂 I also don't like it when my favourite content becomes unavailable.

Glad to hear they are back for you!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Same here. The Ride Majestic (Soilwork) is back online.

Slime And Punishment from Municipal Waste is not on spotify.

They have a Behemoth Album Missing too. It's the best album imo, it's a shame they don't have it. 

Enslaved - In Times is missing

Also, not sure if they're on Nuclear Blast, but 3 Iced Earth albums are missing,

Crucible of Man

Framing Armageddon

and

Glorious Burden

Hopefully they get Demigod by Behemoth soon. I hate using my data to listen
to it on YouTube.

Arsis - Unwelcome

Graveyard - Innocence & Decadence

are also missing, will continue to update with missing albums as I discover them

The Dark Ride from Helloween and Legacy of Kings from Hammerfall are still missing. 😞

3 enslaved albums are missing. Unia by Sonata Arctica, beyond the red mirror - blind guardian, albums by decrepit birth, silent waters by Amorphis as well as their Eclipse album

Gravity of light by Tarot

All these albums are missing here in Canada. 

Amorphis "Eclipse" has been gone about 3 weeks. Their best album. Thanks for the info anyway.

A bunch of Hardcore Superstar has gone now .... 

Omnipresent and Unparalleled Universe by Origin missing in U.S.

Most of the albums from Scar Symmetry and Soilwork is missing in Australia.

It's a shame that these appear to be regional licensing agreements. Surely in a digital age, we can get a uniform global distribution method for streaming. 

Suggested posts