Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Retirement of our Running Feature

Retirement of our Running Feature

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018.

We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section.

You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Please post here with any questions or feedback you might have. We’ll be sure it reaches the right teams.

Thanks!

814 Replies

Spent 15mins pre-run today looking for my lost tempo playlist.

Thanks a bunch.

"Here's a great feature" oh by the way were taking it away! FAIL!!!!!!

WHAT A JOKE!

I can't even..... uhhhhh!

**bleep** this is HORRIBLE!!!  I loved this feature and used it 3-4 times a week.  Why would you get rid of something that was unique among music apps, was not outdated (in fact was still ahead of its time), and literally costs you nothing to implement (as I assume it uses an algorithm and not human labor)?  Wait, wait, don't tell me ... Nike.  You're just forcing everyone to the "Nike Run Club." 

This is a horrible decision and I hope it comes back to haunt you.

They're pushing people to Nike Run Club but don't want to say it outright.  That's why.  Nike likely forced it in negotiations.

Ha! Forcing people into something never works long-term. Never. Strongly beleive in that. You can get your customers if you're better in something, but you can never ever force people to do something - sooner or later there will be a competitor you will loose to (and people you link to your service by force will leave you with much greater energy). 

Nike will never get this customer base. They do crappy shoes (pegasus may be an exception but I am unlikely to try ones on), and looks they do crappy marketing decisions. 

Ah, and there are many people with garmins/ suuntos/ etc that will not use their app(they used spotify). 

Would've been nice to have been notified about this feature leaving.  I used it three - four times a week.   A playlist with a range of tempos just does not work.  Set play lists at 175 and 180 would be appreciated if you are going to take this feature away!!!   There is no real perk to paying for premium now.

I used this feature everyday.  No reason to keep Spotify anymore.  Time to cancel Premium account and transition to another online music app.

I am very upset over this decision and will be canceling my subscription as a result. For me, the running feature was the edge that spotify had over other streaming apps.

Dear Spotify Team,

I am sure I can speak for most of the people who used the app that we are very dissapointed. That genre /mood running tempo was probably the best way to find new music and have a great running play list. The running playlists that are made according to tempo are less than satisfactory. We hope that you reconsider and reinstate that service to your lovley paying customers. 

Respectfully,

Jordan (Bojorqz) 

I'm really sad about this. Looking for alternatives and considering cancelling my premium. I was using this feature the most.

What an absolute bummer!! I'm a huge fan (and paying customer) of Spotify, and I use this feature almost daily. It is the only thing that helps me get through my morning run. Having the ability to adjust the BPM/tempo (Electronic Moves was my favorite) during my run is crucial. With this one-of-a-kind feature gone, I'm going to have to reevaluate my options. I don't want to cancel my subscription, so hopefully, Spotify will listen to their customers and do the right thing...BRING IT BACK, PLEASE!!!!! 

This was the ONLY reason I subscribed to Spotify premium. Please bring it back. I now have no use for Spotify over other music services and will be cancelling my subscription. I’m truly disappointed. 

This is one of the best features in Spotify and I can't believe that it's gone. At least, you have to provide playlists for each bpm or something similar. Exisitng playlists have a very large range of bpms. Or even better action would be to BRING IT BACK!!!

This is so very wrong. But as I assume you will earn some monies for integration with our favourite running apps... 

Please bring this back or roll it out to a standalone app. This was a critical part of why I loved Spotify. Running is one of the primary times I listen to music

Terrible decision!  This was the best feature you had.  Bring it back!!!

This is incredibly disappointing. This was my #1 reason to switch to spotify in the first place, will likely try out other music apps now.

My physical therapist told me to adjust my running gait to specific bpms. I was so excited when I found this feature - it was exactly what I needed. I was not previously a Spotify customer and am not even through my introductory 3-month membership. SO disappointed! Now I have to go back to trying to make my own playlist. Please anyone give suggestions on other apps that are helpful.

Rock My Run lets you adjust tempo to your bpm. I’m going to try that.

I downloaded this app and it doesn't like you can adjust your tempo unless you pay a monthly fee.  Looks like I'll be getting rid of my Spotify subscription  to move to a different app that allows you to adjust your BPM. Shame, Spotify .. shame. 

Suggested posts