Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Retirement of our Running Feature

Retirement of our Running Feature

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018.

We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section.

You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Please post here with any questions or feedback you might have. We’ll be sure it reaches the right teams.

Thanks!

814 Replies

This is insane! Please Spotify, read this thread and bring it back. There is next to no reason to remove it in the first place. I think a lot of people could now be considering getting rid of Spotify in general based solely off this move, myself included. FIX!

I am distaught that this function has been removed, it is the only reason I pay for spotify and I'm sure a lot of people will agree. I really think the revival should be considered. I can't see the gain of removing this feature apart from uspetting loyal customers.

Runkeeper instructions are misleading, since the option for BPM is no longer there on the Spotify end - so no, you can't play BPM-based music this way. 

Nike run club pace Pace Stations: there seems to be no option to vary the pace during your run - set target min/km once and that's it, as a novice runner I care less about that (or even know specific range I'd aim at for a given run, currently monitoring heart rate rather than set some arbitrary pace) than being able to vary my pace when needed. So again, what's the point?  

So, aside from bringing back Spotify running, or preparing to launch something halfway decent with these external parties, could you at least make sure the advice given makes sense in the context of wanting music to be tuned to your BPM. 

PS. You can vote to bring Running back over here: 
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Running-Please-Bring-Back-Running/idi-p/4399078

What??????? Why????????

RockMyRun is actually promising. I will stop paying for premium if it turns out OK.

This feature was the only reason to choose Spotify instead of Apple Music....

So... goodbye Spotify!!!

@narnua wrote:

Runkeeper instructions are misleading, since the option for BPM is no longer there on the Spotify end - so no, you can't play BPM-based music this way. 

Nike run club pace Pace Stations: there seems to be no option to vary the pace during your run - set target min/km once and that's it, as a novice runner I care less about that (or even know specific range I'd aim at for a given run, currently monitoring heart rate rather than set some arbitrary pace) than being able to vary my pace when needed. So again, what's the point?  

So, aside from bringing back Spotify running, or preparing to launch something halfway decent with these external parties, could you at least make sure the advice given makes sense in the context of wanting music to be tuned to your BPM. 

PS. You can vote to bring Running back over here: 
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Running-Please-Bring-Back-Running/idi-p/4399078

Yup. Neither app actually resolves the lack of a BPM feature to select your tempo so I don't even know why they're offering them as interim solutions. This was the one feature that set Spotify aside from other music apps.. the fact that they don't even provide a reason for their decision is insulting to the paying customer. 

The new playlists are a disaster.

The RockMyRun app seems to do the job. Its interface isn't as intuitive unfortunately but you'll be able to set your BPM. I'll be unsubscribing from Spotify until they resolve this issue.

I find the fact that you give no meaningful explanation disrespectful. It's not a good way to treat people who were obviously using and loving this feature. I'm cancelling my subscription now and Spotify, you just earned a vocal detractor.

this really sucks! best thing ever it was! pls bring it back! already missing my peronalized running playlist, on which ive been running for years...

I'll be cancelling my subscription shortly. Why get rid of this? It's a great feature that clearly a lot of people found useful. You could have at the very least left the playlists there or given your customers a heads up on the removal.

You've lost a loyal customer of years over this Spotify. You probably don't care because i'm only one customer, but you've lost me along with likely so many others because of this horrible decision.

They are probably coachpotatoes @ Spotify, so they don’t understand this simply !

@DanP86, your link is just about the personal running mix, the vote to bring the whole thing back is this one

Shocking, absolutely Shocking. What kind of customer loyalty do you guys have ? What imbecile went into that first meeting and suggested to his co-workers " Hey I have a great idea, lets get rid of the Running App?" 

Serioulsy, you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

I think you underestimate how many of your customers you have upset. I for one will be canceling my subscription, and will never go back. I used to recommend Spotify only because of this fetaure.

You need tpo take a step back and re-assess your work ethics.

Still in disbelief..Frustrated, Angry and Confused.. Thanks for nothing.. 

As others you did bad decision ... (I do not want use explicit words). 

Hope I will find some alternative (maybe with help of others here). 

This was by far my favorite feature of Spotify. Aside from creating playlists, I have yet to find a better option for running. I’m confused why you’d get rid of it.

Just like many of the other posts, this was the main differentiating factor for me to choose Spotify over Pandora.  Looks like there are a lot of unhappy customers because of this change.  I don’t see any reason to pay the premium for Spotify.  If this doesn’t change, I’ll be canceling.

Same here, waisted almost an hour messing around... logging out and in, update IOS, reinstall app, google search... till I finally found this thread.

Suggested posts