Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same name, different artist

Same name, different artist

I know this has been addressed a lot of times before, but it's never been resolved. 

In my release radar I continuously keep getting served songs of artists that have the same name as their more famous counterparts, but have completely different music. This messes up the playlist completely. 

Today alone, I have four of those artist in the playlist: 

spotify:track:1XsjQWMPdgZLsFetpT4yu4
spotify:track:5Ys2uPhksrAWR6TuYyZBJm
spotify:track:1PfAhgaJERo6elXNqG0psi
spotify:track:397V3WXXO45udN9KZ8ex97

I know that I can report the song (which I do a lot!), but can't this be fixed in another way? I feel that I'm starting to become a curator for Spotify... 

Fingers crossed for a solution!

4 Replies

Hi @JWho,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would love helping you out but a bit confused with the info your provided.

The tracks you've added are all from different artists while you claims you keep getting artists with the same music ?

Do you refer to the fact you're getting a very specific genre on your release radar ?

Not sure exactly i understood correctly so i'll wait for your explanation.

Thanks 🙂

Hi, thanks for your reply. 
What I mean is this:

the track ( https://open.spotify.com/track/1XsjQWMPdgZLsFetpT4yu4?si=5SXlVAU2Qo64fLWr-4yWBQ ) is from an artist called Harry Nilsson. But this is not the same Harry Nilsson as this artist: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3RTzAwFprBqiskp550eSJX?si=CVBFiIcVRkqTr4YdybHx9w

So same name, different artist. The other examples I mentioned are similar. Hope you understand my point now!

Hi @JWho,

thanks for answering my questions !

It is possible that artists on Spotify will share the same name.

However, in most cases that is something i believe artists would want to avoid.

Therefore, please use this help page for further instructions on reporting issues with the app's content.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo,

Thanks, but your answer gets me nowhere. I know that I can report songs that have the issue I described, and I do that a lot. In fact I do that so often, that I was wondering if there was another solution, hence my post.

Maybe someone else recognizes this?

Suggested posts