Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Same name, different artist

Same name, different artist

I know this has been addressed a lot of times before, but it's never been resolved. 

In my release radar I continuously keep getting served songs of artists that have the same name as their more famous counterparts, but have completely different music. This messes up the playlist completely. 

Today alone, I have four of those artist in the playlist: 

spotify:track:1XsjQWMPdgZLsFetpT4yu4
spotify:track:5Ys2uPhksrAWR6TuYyZBJm
spotify:track:1PfAhgaJERo6elXNqG0psi
spotify:track:397V3WXXO45udN9KZ8ex97

I know that I can report the song (which I do a lot!), but can't this be fixed in another way? I feel that I'm starting to become a curator for Spotify... 

Fingers crossed for a solution!

4 Replies

Hi @JWho,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would love helping you out but a bit confused with the info your provided.

The tracks you've added are all from different artists while you claims you keep getting artists with the same music ?

Do you refer to the fact you're getting a very specific genre on your release radar ?

Not sure exactly i understood correctly so i'll wait for your explanation.

Thanks 🙂

Hi, thanks for your reply. 
What I mean is this:

the track ( https://open.spotify.com/track/1XsjQWMPdgZLsFetpT4yu4?si=5SXlVAU2Qo64fLWr-4yWBQ ) is from an artist called Harry Nilsson. But this is not the same Harry Nilsson as this artist: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3RTzAwFprBqiskp550eSJX?si=CVBFiIcVRkqTr4YdybHx9w

So same name, different artist. The other examples I mentioned are similar. Hope you understand my point now!

Hi @JWho,

thanks for answering my questions !

It is possible that artists on Spotify will share the same name.

However, in most cases that is something i believe artists would want to avoid.

Therefore, please use this help page for further instructions on reporting issues with the app's content.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo,

Thanks, but your answer gets me nowhere. I know that I can report songs that have the issue I described, and I do that a lot. In fact I do that so often, that I was wondering if there was another solution, hence my post.

Maybe someone else recognizes this?

Suggested posts