Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Some bands/albums filed incorrectly due to names matching for multiple artists

Some bands/albums filed incorrectly due to names matching for multiple artists

I noticed some of the bands I listen to are merged with some other bands that are very much not the same band, or their discography is split into another musician thats not them.

First one is Pure.

Pure is a Canadian alternative rock band, active between 1988-2000ish, they released 3 studio albums and 2 EPs and a few singles released by Singer Jordy Birch after the band dissolved:

Purefunalia

Generation Six Pack

Feverish

Greedy (EP)

Extra Purestrial (EP) not on spotify atm.

So West Coast (Single)

Riot Riot (Single)

I Wanna Be Sedated (Single/Cover)

That is their entire discography.

There are a couple of singles with Cyrillic titles on their page that I am assuming belong to another musician called "Pure", as well as an EDM track called "Discharge" which isn't them, and an RnB track called "Pour Up" which is also not them.

The "Appears On" tab is also very off as the only one there that Pure actually appears on is Ralph Bakshi's "Cool World" Soundtrack, every thing else is incorrectly filed.

Pure's page:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5TAGRgLBjrY8UbaQRUsDd0?si=katpIFeuT3GVirx6alEe6Q&utm_source=copy-lin...

Another is Detroit Noise Punks Mule, fronted by P.W. Long.

Its clear that 2 or more musicians called "Mule" have been confused for one, and that Mule, the verified noise punk band, has had 2 of their albums uploaded to a second non-verified page, where I'm assuming the other Mule occupying their page is meant to be.

Mule has 3 albums:

Mule (S/T) (1993)

If I Don't Six (1994)

Wrung (EP) (1994)

They have some 7-inch releases but there are no other releases on Spotify that belong to them.

I think the picture used for the background and the artist photo belongs to the other Mule, whoever they might be, as it doesn't fit their style remotely.

The entire "Appears On" section is incorrect aswell. They appear on none of those releases.

Here are the links to the two pages:

Mule (verified account with correct bio, merch links and 1 correct album, "If I Dont Six"):

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0Z7OZE3TcRjKAgmiqk7qas?si=WWFf11jxRNypG1aW1eTi7Q&utm_source=copy-lin...

Mule (Blank account with Mule's two other albums, Wrung and Mule(S/T):

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5suQKHLGF3t2HRfroXc0Af?si=YEXTB7nJT22KOboHe5gBHQ&utm_source=copy-lin...

1 Reply

Hi @Mattinthhat,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

You can read about how to report issues with music on Spotify in this support article. There you’ll find a form for getting in touch with Customer Support, under “Broken or incorrect content”; after you fill in and submit this form, the right Spotify teams will look into this issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts