Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song disappeared

Solved!

Song disappeared

Does Spotify remove songs from playlists? I had a song on my playlist now it is gone. Also, I searched for it again on Spotify and it no longer appears. They they remove songs or artists from their site for some reason? A little frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

The songs are not really removed from your playlist they are just hidden make sure this is not checked in preferences:

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 22.55.17.png

It should show up but be grayed out because Spotify no longer has the rights to play them, ultimately it is up to the rights holders to add it to Spotify, as explained here 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

23 Replies

What song are you searching for?

"The measure of a man is not what he owns but how he owns himself."

How great thou Art by CeCe Winans

They do take away songs but it should still be in your playlist but greyed out. Hope that they will add it again, should add a little notice if they delete one of the songs from your Playlist.

It was in my playlist, but its not there and not even greyed out. Where do I leave them a message. I just joined Spotify premium. Thanks for your help!

It was in my playlist, but its not there and not even greyed out. Where do I leave them a message. I just joined Spotify premium. Thanks for your help!

They usually check here but you can also contact them here:

https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Thanks again! I sent them a msg!

No problem, glad to help 🙂

Marked as solution

Hello!

The songs are not really removed from your playlist they are just hidden make sure this is not checked in preferences:

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 22.55.17.png

It should show up but be grayed out because Spotify no longer has the rights to play them, ultimately it is up to the rights holders to add it to Spotify, as explained here 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Tnx. Where do I find the preferences? I went into settings, but don't see that option.

What platform are you using? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Platform? I'm using my mobile phone

If your using iOS go into settings then playback,  i don't think the option is available on android yet 😕 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Yes. Its and android. I suppose when I log onto a computer I will be able to. Tnx

Yeah 🙂 I just checked and yeah it looks like to was removed but it wasn't, it just hides it and there is no way to have it appear grayed out on Android yet. But, if you go on your computer you should see that it is still there just not playable 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Tnx. Maybe the artist was getting a lot of plays and chose to remove it so supporters will actually purchase it? Just a thought. Tnx again!

I had the same problem with Lake Street Drive songs Rich Girl, Faith and Want You Back, among others.  They just disappeared even from the mobile device playlist, and when I checked again by searching, the album no longer appeared at all in Spotify offerings.  Only one album by this artist appeared.  

I suspect that there was some contract dispute or cancellation with the artist- revenue is minimal- but it seems odd that Spotify offers one of their albums, but not the other two....

thanks I sent a message too.

I had the exact same problem... without notice one of my favourite songs just dissapeared off of spotify and was not even greyed out, i only use spotify free but had access to the song for ages. The song was called "Abroad" by Boxinlion and i dont know how to message spotify could you please tell me?

Suggested posts